Zimmerman's lawyers drop him

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was disturbed. If he joined OSA and was like "Hey OSA, newb here. I'm 28 and a Neighborhood Watch Volunteer and have been carrying for a while now. I have a strong interest in patrolling my neighborhood and have called the police over 3 dozen times in recent months." he would be flamed as a mall ninja until he retreated.

Possibly. I'd say it's 50/50 he'd be laughed and flamed, but also championed for takin' his country back one neighborhood at a time.

Real question is would he wear his body armor north of Pine?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was disturbed. If he joined OSA and was like "Hey OSA, newb here. I'm 28 and a Neighborhood Watch Volunteer and have been carrying for a while now. I have a strong interest in patrolling my neighborhood and have called the police over 3 dozen times in recent months." he would be flamed as a mall ninja until he retreated.

I'd get kicked during voir dire because from day one I've had a hard time believing Zimmerman didn't wake up every morning wondering if today is finally the day he was going to get to shoot someone.

Way too accurate to be funny!!

There is a huge difference between standing your ground, and putting yourself into situations that will escalate and hoping for confrontation. Did they ever show that he was commissioned by the Neighborhood Watch or just take it on himself? Don't feel like reading all 5 pages at this point.

I am kind of like JB, either he will be convicted or he won't. My only gripe is guilty or not, it is another illustration for the anti's to rally around.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point was there would be no story at all if he hadn't pursued Martin in the first place.

Even without the race baiting and media manipulation Zimmerman is not squeaky clean. Individual responsibility comes first. Armed citizens have the responsibility to avoid confrontations. I think he failed that test and is at least partially responsible for the resulting firestorm. IMHO, Zimmerman deserves to face charges but he equally deserves his day in court to prove his innocence...

I don't blame a dog for acting like a dog, and I don't blame the media and the race baiters for acting like media and race baiters....it's what they do, just don't give them any excuse to do so.

If I ever had a kid and was subsequently hit by a bus, and as I was dying someone asked "Which OSA member would you like to advise your kid on how not to grow up to be a total dumbass dork?" I'd be like "Make that kid listen to SMS." and then I would die.

At best this guy goaded a teenager into a fight, lost the upper hand, and had to shoot him to escape. AT BEST. Which still leaves the question, since when is it cool for us people that carry guns to shake down people in public until they fight us, then shoot them? Because last time I checked that was kosher.....IN FAWKING WESTERN MOVIES AND NOT REAL LIFE EVER.

Last edited:

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At best this guy goaded a teenager into a fight, lost the upper hand, and had to shoot him to escape. AT BEST. Which still leaves the question, since when is it cool for us people that carry guns to shake down people in public until they fight us, then shoot them? Because last time I checked that was kosher.....IN FAWKING WESTERN MOVIES AND NOT REAL LIFE EVER.

Ridge, you and I are in complete agreeance on this. From listening to his own words on the 911 call he was obviously pissed that those punks were always getting away. He was always calling the cops and nothing ever happened. So he decided to take matters into his own hands even though he was told to stop following him.

It just seems really funny to me that the "everyone needs to wait for all the evidence to come out" crowd is so eager to declare him not guilty.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I've only heard mentioned once and it was in a Fox News panel discussing this case... was something about how in Florida, Neighborhood Watch patrols were NOT suppose to be armed. That armed organized patrols would fall under some kind of state licensed security guard regulations. That may end-up shafting Zimmerman.... him playing 'security guard' instead of just being a armed resident of the complex concerned about a stranger hanging around his home.

So if Zimmerman wasn't claiming to be apart of any Neighborhood Watch program... then it might be better for him... he'd just be Joe Citizen.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge, you and I are in complete agreeance on this. From listening to his own words on the 911 call he was obviously pissed that those punks were always getting away. He was always calling the cops and nothing ever happened. So he decided to take matters into his own hands even though he was told to stop following him.

It just seems really funny to me that the "everyone needs to wait for all the evidence to come out" crowd is so eager to declare him not guilty

Innocent until proven guilty really is out dated isn't it?

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Self-defense is an affirmative defense. We already know he killed someone.

Not justifying GZ's action but your statement implies he is guilty because he admits to killing Martin.

Affirmative defense, while conceding to certain claims by the plaintiff, does not mean guilty.

Of course what is guilt? Regarding this case it would mean guilty of unjustified use of deadly force.

While we all know he may be guilty of being an overzealous bonehead, guilty of excessive force, in the letter of Florida law, has not been proven clearly and overwhelmingly; and quite possibly may never be known.

I think if GZ never got out of his car, which of course is bonehead mistake number one because he effectively left his occupied vehicle covered under 'Castle Doctrine', he would not be in this mess.

No property is worth taking a life, which by default Zimmerman killed Martin over, No matter who attacked whom first.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not justifying GZ's action but your statement implies he is guilty because he admits to killing Martin.

I didn't imply he was guilty of any crime. I'm saying there's a difference between being charged with murder and claiming you did not do it, and being charged with murder and using self-defense as your defense after admitting you killed someone. In the former you don't have any obligation at any point in time to support that you didn't didn't commit murder. The latter is a bit different.

No property is worth taking a life, which by default Zimmerman killed Martin over, No matter who attacked whom first.

What property was he killed over?

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't imply he was guilty of any crime. I'm saying there's a difference between being charged with murder and claiming you did not do it, and being charged with murder and using self-defense as your defense after admitting you killed someone. In the former you don't have any obligation at any point in time to support that you didn't didn't commit murder. The latter is a bit different.

I see, I must have inferred the misconception whilst I was consuming my daily moron sandwich.

What property was he killed over?

The property that was stolen/vandalized by the previous culprits which promulgated GZ to the excited state he was in and the property that GZ speculated that TM would harm/steal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom