Methodist minister

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the Bible teaches us to love each other, as we love God. But my question is, at what point do we cease following an organization that "in the name of God " openly mocks God? Remain affiliated and attempt to save/fix the church (organization) and possibly be lead to damnation. Or try to save ourselves individually and or as smaller congregations. The split can only grow or the church itself must reaffirm itself in the true word of God..... Just the thoughts of a small town simpleton

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems she thinks the Holy Bible is “evolving”. According to her interview on channel 9.
"She"

Lol that's the first clue.

If only there were some sort of church virtually unchanged since being established by the apostles in the book of Acts that did not bend with the winds of popular opinion...🤔

1714753283520.png

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the Bible teaches us to love each other, as we love God. But my question is, at what point do we cease following an organization that "in the name of God " openly mocks God? Remain affiliated and attempt to save/fix the church (organization) and possibly be lead to damnation. Or try to save ourselves individually and or as smaller congregations. The split can only grow or the church itself must reaffirm itself in the true word of God..... Just the thoughts of a small town simpleton
There's a scripture. And i am not good at quoting scripture but it goes somewhat like this. There was a poor man Lazarus whoo begged for the food of dogs and a rich man. The rich man and Lazarus died and the rich man was in torment. The rich man asked jesus if Lazarus could dip his finger in water to comfort him? Jesus said there's a great divide between you and he and Lazarus cannot come to you now. The rich man asked Jesus if he would send Lazarus to his brothers to warn them that they wouldn't suffer. Jesus's reply was to the rich man in torment" your brothers have the prophet's and the scrolls, that is sufficient. ".

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a scripture. And i am not good at quoting scripture but it goes somewhat like this. There was a poor man Lazarus whoo begged for the food of dogs and a rich man. The rich man and Lazarus died and the rich man was in torment. The rich man asked jesus if Lazarus could dip his finger in water to comfort him? Jesus said there's a great divide between you and he and Lazarus cannot come to you now. The rich man asked Jesus if he would send Lazarus to his brothers to warn them that they wouldn't suffer. Jesus's reply was to the rich man in torment" your brothers have the prophet's and the scrolls, that is sufficient. ".
it is read on the 5th Sunday of Luke

Luke 16:19 - 31

The Rich Man and Lazarus​

19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and]fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’
27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’ ”

1714755963859.png

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am Catholic, not Roman. I have watched our sects of Christianity shrink into modernist interpretations. Last vessels of hope? Greek, Eastern, and Coptic. There is a stalled Anglican push back to Biblical values but the churches seem stalled and without central direction. African Anglican churches seem to lead the way here. And the Popes for the Coptics keep being assassinated without true recourse.

Lutherans, Methodists, and Presbyterians left the house long ago….

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to read and study the bible and articles on Youtube and lots of places to better understand things. My question is, how does accepting these lib ideas help anything- looks to me like once again, they use the worse example which totally distracts from why you would want to go and be involved in church anyway.
If there is not a feeling that I have stepped away from an outside world into a place where I and all who are there are seeking Gods message and blessing by praying together for it, why would I want to be there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom