Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Compliance is safer than confrontation"

This was the response Walgreens gave in reply to my email regarding their firing of an employee who prevented a crime, and likely murders of the employees, by using his concealed carry weapon. I love this moronic catch phrase "Compliance is safer than confrontation". Maybe they should offer that little nugget to the families of the 33 people who "complied" at Virginia Tech. Or to the victims families of the Columbine tragedy. Or to the families of the 4 employees at the Lee's Chicken restaurant in Tulsa who "complied" and were led into the back room ordered onto their knees facing the wall and murdered execution style. Or to the hundreds of others who have complied only to end up dead in countless other examples.

At least this just confirms my plan to NEVER set foot in a Walgreens again.

May 19, 2011

Dear Jason,
    Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments."

Sincerely,
    Barbara S
    Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 3084471
    I buy things I don't need to impress people I don't know

"For the record, I'm against the entire office of Presidency at this point and would love to see both of these idiots put through the hunger games" --ez bake

My Feedback

Default Re: "Compliance is safer than confrontation"

I'm glad they have more HD cameras. At least when I'm dead, they'll get good footage of the incident.
    "I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

97.3% Positive

As a whole, in the society in which we live, compliance is safer than confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hump66 View Post
    I'm glad they have more HD cameras. At least when I'm dead, they'll get good footage of the incident.
    just wait until they start recording in 3-D.
    Amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics.

"Semper Paratus"

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by penismightier View Post
    As a whole, in the society in which we live, compliance is safer than confrontation.
    Has worked well for many totalitarian governments over the last 100 years or so, too. By the attitude displayed by our own, I think they're counting on it here as well. And it's working for the most part.
    "Some of us are often accused of always crying 'wolf'. But it is worth noting that one day the wolf came".
    Pat Buchanan

"Don't worry about American Pressure on Israel; we, the Jewish people, control America. And the Americans know it."
    Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon October 3, 2001

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...light=cjjtulsa

But really, Compliance only ensures victimization. What is up with our society where a trained over and over to be compliant victims? It's dumb!
    This is my signature.

Maybe we should just walk down the streets and hand our wallets over to every thug and gang banger we see as we walk by. What happens when we run out and they're disappointed?

“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    But really, Compliance only ensures victimization. What is up with our society where a trained over and over to be compliant victims? It's dumb!
    I agree with you. I can see a need to comply for a moment while planning the confrontation.
    My Feedback. Do it........Do it.
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?82899-Biggsly

Warning. Reading my post may give you butthurt.

I have the right to deal with who I like.

http://paulfranson.intuitwebsites.com/ Safe Haven Animal Rescue
    http://www.okhumane.org/
    http://thebellafoundation.org/
    http://www.greatplainsmastiffrescue.org/
    http://www.worldbirdsanctuary.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsly View Post
    I agree with you. I can see a need to comply for a moment while planning the confrontation.

"Here's my wallet buddy! Look at all those big bills in there!" *NUN-CHUCK TO THE FACE!!!*
    This is my signature.

Yeah, new cameras don't do much in the middle of the situation. If somebody pulled a weapon on me, they already decided they could kill me, and I am ok with another person using their CCW to try and help me/possibly save my life.

I agree, I too boycot walgreens.

Quote Originally Posted by penismightier View Post
    Only for those who aren't trained and armed to resolve confrontation

In my case I grant that it still would be unsafe though... for the perp.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

"May 19, 2011

Dear Jason,
    Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum Pussification of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments."

Sincerely,
    Barbara S
    Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 3084471

Got a link to a story about the incident? I, too, would be willing to send them information regarding me boycotting them not just as a customer, but as someone who will refuse to deal with them on a professional level. That might actually hurt the bottom line of a few of their local franchises. I want to read about the whole incident and circumstances before I make my final decision, however.
    "You never know why you're alive, until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard
    Caeci caecos ducentes.

Feedback here.

POST #12 - We Will Never Forget

Ahh, I found it. Researching now.
    "You never know why you're alive, until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard
    Caeci caecos ducentes.

Feedback here.

POST #12 - We Will Never Forget