Chinese gangsters rule the illicit marijuana trade in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So.... there's a Chinese.pot grow operation just a mile as the crow flies from my 80 acres. Caught this dude on trail came IN THE MIDDLE of my 80 acres. Appears to be Asian....not sure what he's doing with that right hand , possibly holding a cell phone/camera.....not sure what that is on his right hip under that shirt as well. So I'm always armed when there not only for the rattlesnakes.....slithery onesView attachment 465186
I think the guy knew the camera was there and is just giving you a thumbs up with his right hand. In my opinion, that’s concerning, because he doesn’t care that you know he’s trespassing. I’d definitely recommend being armed while piddling around your place.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the guy knew the camera was there and is just giving you a thumbs up with his right hand. In my opinion, that’s concerning, because he doesn’t care that you know he’s trespassing. I’d definitely recommend being armed while piddling around your place.
Could be...It just looks like he's holding something black and upright from his hand. I use a diversion technique on some of my cameras. I'll hang a dummy camera ( save all the ones that no longer work) mounted in plain sight or even a marking ribbon hanging in the bush to divert attention from the actual location of the camera getting your picture and hopefully not stolen.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My b-I-l had a grow facility a couple years back.
He couldn’t begin to recover his investment after the 3 years he had it going.

Too many people growing, supply & demand out of whack.
Too many people taking a slice of the profits, testing and retailers.
Too much Oklahoma Mother Nature risk, plants suffering from our weird weather.

He ended up scraping the whole thing and went to growing vegetable starts to sell at the swap meet.

I think it’ll balance out somewhere down the road.

But that doesn’t fix any of the illegal crap.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if the black market is booming, why are the dispensaries still making money?
A lot of people are willing to get their pot the legal (state) route, so they can still sell at a profit. Oklahoma produces a large excess of product, well beyond what the Oklahoma market will bear. That means a lot of it is grown with the intent of interstate transport. Legal weed for Oklahoma dispensaries out the front door, excess product for illegal shipment out of state via the back door.

Keep in mind that the "legal" pot industry is still persona non grata at most major financial institutions, so transferring money legitimately is still a problem. The same goes for other financial services, such as business loans. It's not that it's illegal for banks to do business with the pot industry, it's that there are much stricter banking regulations and compliance is a headache, so most banks just don't want to do it (see link below). That means a lot of it is still in cash and crypto, which invites predators and criminal activities.

https://www.fincen.gov/resources/st...ations-regarding-marijuana-related-businesses

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh please ... The Toddler Two room at any day care would get more done in any given session that those idiots. "Working on it" is ALL they do -- well unless they are handing out pay raises to themselves and teachers. 🙄🙄🙄
"They"?
The OMMA is cracking down on illegal grows and arrests. Hundreds oof them so far in the last 6 months or so. The information is out there.
As a card holder I get emails from the OMMA with all kinds of updates, so no, they aren't toddlers in a daycare.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"They"?
The OMMA is cracking down on illegal grows and arrests. Hundreds oof them so far in the last 6 months or so. The information is out there.
As a card holder I get emails from the OMMA with all kinds of updates, so no, they aren't toddlers in a daycare.

Yeah ... Okay ... A self-serving update from the agency that is tasked with handling this **** show. I'm glad you are impressed with our overlords. They are like every other state and federal agency. The only thing they "work" for in an ever-increasing budget to "solve" a problem they created with the laws that are passed to keep their subjects in line. I'm not impressed. The government needs to stop inserting itself into my life. Period. But hey!! Pot is bad. We need to regulate that ****. 🙄🙄 And THIS is what "regulation" has gotten us.

I'll just sit over here and watch the ongoing shitshow ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom