Printed AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can actually print in titanium with the proper 3d printer.

CHenry, you are correct. 3d printing is about to change the world. Anyone with money to invest needs to invest in 3d printing technology right now.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dimension Elite 3D printer that I helped configure on Tinker for 76 PMXG a few years ago cost over $30,000 and "printing" something about the size of your fist took several hours. It was neat as hell to watch, though. Creating something in Solidworks and being able to hold it in your hand the next day was a pretty amazing concept.

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a company that was started just for printing 22LR pistols they had a single shot and a repeating designs but last time I looked they had not done any actual testing they didn't have the money to buy a printer and were not having any luck borrowing one. but that was several months ago.
If I get a chance I will look it up again.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told the 3D printers were much more economical to buy than a CNC. Something like $6k? At that price, everyone who wants one could have one in their shop.

The prices are dropping fast. 3D printing will change the world. It won't be long until you don't buy something, you buy the code for your local printer to print it for you. Like I said, you can print in titanium now among other things. The technology will allow printing of circuit boards and all kinds of other things. The days of China crankin out millions of widgets and shipping them to us are limited. We'll be printing it all cheaper than they can do with their forced labor.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The prices are dropping fast. 3D printing will change the world. It won't be long until you don't buy something, you buy the code for your local printer to print it for you. Like I said, you can print in titanium now among other things. The technology will allow printing of circuit boards and all kinds of other things. The days of China crankin out millions of widgets and shipping them to us are limited. We'll be printing it all cheaper than they can do with their forced labor.

Then China will just start making the printers for $60 bucks and the whole process starts over......

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are many getting great results with 3d printers at very high resolution. you are not limited to low quality or weak plastic. there are kits that allow to print with many types of plastics. they are also trying to get the plastic gun ban reauthorized to prevent this from going forward. I am sure the gun manuf have a hand at pushing this behind the scenes and why the nra isnt stepping up to defend the guys trying to do this. there is actually a guy here in tulsa that has converted his home built cnc moving gantry to 3d printer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom