“Show Ignored Content”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been married to a high school English teacher for almost 35 years, so I feel your pain.🤣

What’s sad and kind of funny is that our daughter is a straight A student and great writer but can’t spell for chit. :scratch:
My cousin is just a few hours away from a Doctorates in Nuclear Engineering. He couldn’t spell the first sentence in my post without multiple mistakes, and he’s not the only higher educated person I know like that.
There has to be something in the brain that causes a block or something to cause that? I don’t know.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin is just a few hours away from a Doctorates in Nuclear Engineering. He couldn’t spell the first sentence in my post without multiple mistakes, and he’s not the only higher educated person I know like that.
There has to be something in the brain that causes a block or something to cause that? I don’t know.
My daughter is at OU majoring in biology with the goal of being a doctor, and she made all A’s last semester and was on “president’s list”.
I’ve asked my wife several time who her real Daddy is, but she swears it’s me. I’m positive she’s lying. :blush:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about spelling mistakes, it's n u c u l a r - at least that's the way gw bush pronounced it...

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most Boomer, X read well. We have a whole generation that has been allowed to graduate and move to the next level and even admitted into colleges simple because of their skin color. Some State call in DEI and Affirmative action. Its a crisis right now. We have thousands and thousands that have diplomas and cant read or do math. Some dont even know what a women is scientifically!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most Boomer, X read well. We have a whole generation that has been allowed to graduate and move to the next level and even admitted into colleges simple because of their skin color. Some State call in DEI and Affirmative action. Its a crisis right now. We have thousands and thousands that have diplomas and cant read or do math. Some dont even know what a women is scientifically!
I just wonder if I'm the only one that catches the irony within this statement?? 😁 😁 😁

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WHAT I HATE THE MOST!!!! IS THOSE THAT POST USING ALL CAPS, LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS AND EMOJI"S!!!! It only gets worse after that with bad spelling and poor punctuation. At least I try on the latter...
True, however like everything else, with technology the English language is changing in the ways of spelling, and sentence structure and grammar. It’s no different than when your/mine grandparents went to school. Most ppl type as if they are txting
I look at the cards my granny writes me and it’s amazing how different things are.
Cursive pretty much not being taught
No one writes letters anymore
The president is dead he’s hologram and the lizard ppl are real

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been married to a high school English teacher for almost 35 years, so I feel your pain.🤣

What’s sad and kind of funny is that our daughter is a straight A student and great writer but can’t spell for chit. :scratch:
Chit? Is that a spell error?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most Boomer, X read well. We have a whole generation that has been allowed to graduate and move to the next level and even admitted into colleges simple because of their skin color. Some State call in DEI and Affirmative action. It’s a crisis right now. We have thousands and thousands that have diplomas and cant read or do math. Some dont even know what a women is scientifically!
Its a good thing you dont have to read well to make money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom