10/28/2015 republican debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being the reddest of the red states is quite a compliment to the general population of Oklahoma. Some us truly understand how the world really turns. Other states should take notice.

Yep. I'm very proud of Oklahoma. I could not imagine anywhere else that most closely represents my values.

Ace will be along shortly to make sure we know we are wrong.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So what exactly was your point in posting when multiple posts ahead of yours point out perceived bias yet you come to the defense of the media and say, no, it was just tough questions?

My, very clear, point was that, in fact, substantive questions were asked. You then inferred some "partisan political" agenda to my post. Completely ignoring the the actual content of the post. Just to be clear, as people on this site tend to infer to an almost ridiculous degree, I'm not saying the moderators did a good job, or even that they didn't asked biased questions. But they did ask "substantive questions", which in true political fashion, were not answered by the candidates.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being the reddest of the red states is quite a compliment to the general population of Oklahoma. Some us truly understand how the world really turns. Other states should take notice.

There are many things about Oklahoma to be very proud of, our response to the bombing and tornadoes are just one examples. But...

Education, we rank 48th.
Divorce, highest rate in the country.
Poverty, 15th highest in the country.
Teen birth rate, 3rd highest in the country.
I won't even mention some of the ridiculous laws passed by our esteemed legislature, I'll just say Sally Kern and leave it at that.

So, reddest of the red in do what we say, not what we do.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many things about Oklahoma to be very proud of, our response to the bombing and tornadoes are just one examples. But...

Education, we rank 48th.
I won't even mention some of the ridiculous laws passed by our esteemed legislature, I'll just say Sally Kern and leave it at that.

Hate to agree with Ace but, yup.

Adulteress in the Governor's mansion? "Us Okies have values!"...LOL.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Education, we rank 48th.

Teen birth rate high due to OK having one of the lowest abortion rates - okay with me.

Education needs improvement but there are areas in the state which excel.

Divorce rates - many other states, especially northeast have a much higher rate of couples just shacking up instead of getting married. Not sure this is a fair comparison.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CNBC mods stepped in it so bad, they've got CNN posting sympathetic pieces for them! Birds of a feather and all that...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/30/media/cnbc-gop-debate-reactions-shellshocked/index.html

Still, they don't even realize they've fully exposed their own bias:

"Everyone feels pretty embarrassed," one veteran staffer said.

But some of the same employees also said they were proud that the moderators had pointedly challenged the GOP candidates and potentially changed the course of the presidential race.

All they wanted out of the debate besides money and viewership, was to damage the GOP candidates enough to get their man Hillary in the WH. :mad:

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say Paul, Carson and Cruz were the winners in the debate. Paul and Cruz have a voting record and they said what their fixes for taxes or medicare were. Paul had the best plan, IMO. Fiorina made Hillaryesque statements but didn't really say anything.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew Aces list was coming as soon as I read this. But Ace might have a point if you can't or won't say what values Oklahoma has that you're proud of.

-Conservative values.
-Honesty and integrity of most Oklahomans.
-Most are hard working and not looking for hand outs.
-Most are respectful of others and their rights.
-Common sense as opposed to those on the left coast.
-Strong supporters of Liberty.

I could go on.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-Conservative values.

Whatever that means.

-Honesty and integrity of most Oklahomans.

I guess, but I constantly have to ask everyone here what they're trying to say or dissect lawyer speak.

-Most are hard working and not looking for hand outs.

Okies are the only people with jobs in America?

-Most are respectful of others and their rights.

Are they?

-Common sense as opposed to those on the left coast.

Whatever that means.

-Strong supporters of Liberty.

Very debatable.

I could go on.
Obama is kind, generous, honest, has common sense and loves Liberty. Cool, huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom