10 "Manliest" Dog Breeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My childhood dog was a miniature poodle and I loved him to death but I will never have a dog that small again. My mom used to hold him like a baby and rock him to sleep, he liked to be carried up stairs or whenever he didn't feel like walking. I don't think he ever weighed more than 14 pounds in his entire life either and at one point the cat outweighed him. I definitely want something a bigger next time.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Lab
2. German Shorthair
3. English Pointer
4. Irish Setter
5. American Spaniel
6. American Bulldog
7. Rat Terrier
8. Blue Tick
9. Bloodhound
10.Shih Tzu

I know 10 is a LOL moment, but I have one and he is the squirrel / rabbit huntingest dog I have had. He is loyal to no end and better than Brinks when it comes to notifying us when ANYBODY pulls into the drive. The only problem is that long hair tangled with cockle burrs and sticktites is a major PITA.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! You're right. My last dog (Pekingese) and my current Shih Tzu were/are fearless. Unfortunately, they probably couldn't fight their way out of a paper sack.

My wife gives me hell when I take Duffy out in the woods and get him all full of sticktites and ticks.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need a dog to prove you're a man....
I've got this other living being to help with my manliness...I hope not...
A good dog is one who doesn't bite the good people, doesn't poop in the house, loves you when you get home, and obeys most of your commands. The best manly dog would be a cute one to attract all the girls.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife keeps trying to talk me into a Foo Foo yap dog, something like a Yorkie. Nope, not going to do it, no way!!!!:madbox:

I keep telling her we have too many dogs already. 1 full blood blackmouth cur, 3 half cur half pitbull, 1 half Rott half pitbull, and 1 98% Gray Wolf. So I finally broke down and got her a little dog the other day, a dapple colored Bull Weenie named Camo :hey3:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean about those little guys ... This mutt that followed me home from the lake is absolutely the BEST alarm we've had to date. I had insomnia last night and he was up and growling at every single noise he heard that was not "familiar" ... Those he just slept right through. My GSD ... God bless him, he is worthless as tits on a boar hog for anything other than appearances sake. But he is sweet as he can be and I wouldn't trade him off for nuffin' ... Between the two of them I've got a "whole" dog! :D

BTW, we were over at Old Grumpy's house yesterday and one of his neighbors was walking her blue and white Great Dane. :shocked: What a beautiful dog!! (Not pretty as Rory ... :naughty: but that might because "we're" a little bit biased ... huh, LoneWolf'49?? :anyone:) It's a good thing we don't live out on an acreage somewhere ... I can see me having a critter sanctuary ...

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife keeps trying to talk me into a Foo Foo yap dog, something like a Yorkie. Nope, not going to do it, no way!!!!:madbox:

I keep telling her we have too many dogs already. 1 full blood blackmouth cur, 3 half cur half pitbull, 1 half Rott half pitbull, and 1 98% Gray Wolf. So I finally broke down and got her a little dog the other day, a dapple colored Bull Weenie named Camo :hey3:

Are we gonna take bets on which one of your other dogs is going to eat that Weenie?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1308.JPG

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rollingla 120 Acres!! I've seen that same look on Nero's face when Dog is pestering him ... :D He will look at me like "Really?!? Mom ... DO SOMETHING!" I have to really stay on Dog to make sure he doesn't run roughshod over Nero. That little ******* is a mean fart ... Thinks he is the cock of every walk in town ... :nolike:

This morning he decided he didn't want to do what he was told ... (go inside) :shocked: so I snatched his collar and he immediately laid down, started playing dead and howling at the top of his lungs like I was trying to kill him ... :disappoin Nero RAN into the house then turned around in the door to watch the show! :D I stood there holding his collar until he finally got tired of acting the ass, let him go and told him "Inside" ... Little turd looked at me like "Oh ... is that all??" and sauntered to the door like he'd never disobeyed an order in his entire life! :D

GC says "Why don't you let me just shoot him and get it over with?" :rolleyes2 :rollingla I love my dogs ... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom