1000 yard range in the Tulsa area??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am back here from CO. and I’m use to shooting 300 to mile distances every weekend so this is like a drought for me like in way of withdrawal 🤣. I know the folks that own Foul Bore but that’s 2.5 hrs
Colorado Rifle Club in Byers was a great place to shoot service rifle, f-class and 1k yard palma, f-class and bench rest. I miss that range. Im on the waiting list for Red Castle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, I have inquired at Red Castle but they have a very cumbersome way for folks to become members to the point I will be looking elsewhere cause they don’t even return emails or calls. It appears you have to join an indoor pistol club first to be put on a waitlist which could take yrs.

I was a member there for several years, they don't seem particular care about anything but Shotgun and Cowboy action. They took all their steel poppers down and replaced it with a cowboy action range and that was it for me. Which sucks because the range has a lot of potential.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colorado Rifle Club in Byers was a great place to shoot service rifle, f-class and 1k yard palma, f-class and bench rest. I miss that range. Im on the waiting list for Red Castle.
The only thing I know about Byers is that the 7mm Rem that I have was built there by Accuracy Systems. I suppose that's a point in the rifle's hat if it's coming from a town with pedigree :D. I haven't tried it since I picked it up yet. I feel my skills would disappoint it.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m finding that out and that’s okay, just checking things out and seeing if I was passing something up.

Quite a drive for you but there’s a 1000 yard range out by me in the Panhandle. Goodwell, OK to be exact. OPSU built and operated it.

Costs $6 to get in for the day. Haven’t been in about a month but If nothing has changed you can shoot on:

Sunday: 12:00 - dusk
Tuesday: 12:00 - dusk
Thursday: 12:00 - dusk
Saturday: 8:00 - 3:00

If that doesn’t work for you I for thought there were some 1000 yard ranges in Kansas and Missouri… maybe even Arkansas.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a member there for several years, they don't seem particular care about anything but Shotgun and Cowboy action. They took all their steel poppers down and replaced it with a cowboy action range and that was it for me. Which sucks because the range has a lot of potential.
It's a club not a business operated by volunteers. Each program is by volunteers and if no member steps forward that program just drifts along.
I worked there 30 years on range maintenance. Gone downhill since most of the old volunteers died or became incapacitated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom