12g Auto Loader Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
versamax seems to get a lot of good reviews and can be had pretty reasonably at Wal-Mart. I ave been saving up for a Winchester SX3 myself as it seems to be lightning fast and points better for me than the versamax

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
versamax seems to get a lot of good reviews and can be had pretty reasonably at Wal-Mart. I ave been saving up for a Winchester SX3 myself as it seems to be lightning fast and points better for me than the versamax

I bought a SX3 a year ago and now wonder why I waited so long. I shoot it really well.

DORR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of good options out there in this category. The Franchi Affinity and Beretta A300 Outlander are quality,budget minded, 3" semis that can be had sub $800.
Generally speaking, gas operated autos will recoil less than recoil operated guns of similar weight. BUT gun fit can have just as great an effect on perceived recoil. Make sure he handles all of the guns on the wish list. Some of them will eliminate themselves as soon as they come up to his shoulder. Checkout shotgunworld's website, they have a ton of first hand info.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester SX3

ETA: Or for something cheaper but still quality dont discount the Weatherby SA08

SX3's are sweet, but you can find a used SX2 for a few hundred less. Not a whole lot of difference between the two, other than nicer trim and a little less weight on the SX3.

Super X2 will rock your socks off, without having to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not complaining. I shoot one all the time, as you know Mike since you're the one who pimped it out. But compared to my Beretta Xtrema2, my versamax, my old 1100 or any other auto loader on the market, the Benelli kicks harder.

The Benelli is the way to go. It kicks harder to let you know you have a set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom