Good article on the state of the libertarian movement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice try but your still avoiding the questions which is answer enough, and look back through this thread and you will see plenty of comments about how the majors parties steal, put road blocks in the way, people just do not want liberty, etc, etc, etc. And frankly the only bad feelings I have about the libertarians is that they will not work for what they want.

Frankly if the black people had acted the way the libertarians are, they still would not have the vote.

Your questions are obvious trollbait. You base your information off of faulty information (Internet polls? Really?) and project it broadly across an entire spectrum of political philosophies.

I mean, come on. You see someone is posting about libertarian issues and you assume that is all they ever do? At best, you're just being disingenuous.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you guys decide to be honest with yourselves it might make a difference, but I doubt it. Until then just keep telling yourself that everyone who does not agree with you is a statist, even though they are the people trying to cause change instead of just whining about it.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When you guys decide to be honest with yourselves it might make a difference, but I doubt it. Until then just keep telling yourself that everyone who does not agree with you is a statist, even though they are the people trying to cause change instead of just whining about it.

Id really like to see the GOP "elders" boot out the Libertarians and Tea Partiers. Why dont yall do that?

Instead of calling them lazy or saying they dont deserve this or that, just boot em out. Oh thats right, the GOP needs them. Or is it they need the GOP, even though they call you a Statist?

I think its so funny. Gawd why dont more people see that party politics is stupid. Its all about Power and usurping it from voters.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rick, being honest with myself is what has lead me to ditch the GOP. I have held out hope of reform from within for quite a while but it is clear that the Republican Party will not be reformed. They are for just as much govt. as the Democratic Party.

It is funny to me that you think libertarians are lazy. Striking off in a different direction with long odds is anything but lazy. Especially with so many people vested in the current system and don't care about principles. Only what helps their bottom line. Really, just accepting the crap the GOP has been throwing out there is much more lazy IMO. It's easy to go with one or the other established parties. They already have the machinery established and lazy straight ticket voters that think the party makes or breaks a candidate.

You can continue to belittle and marginalize libertarians and then wonder why the GOP keeps losing elections if you like. In fact, I hope they do continue to alienate libertarian leaning GOP'rs. At the same time I hope that the libertarian purists open their arms to these less hard line libertarians. The party needs to grow and having a narrow definition of libertarian is a major hindrance. The GOP has lost me and while I know my candidates will be perennial losers for the foreseeable future, so will the GOP party candidates.

i1180.photobucket.com_albums_x410_farmerbyron_Political_20Stuff_4763297c735ce2e9c385f9c19618ae60.jpg

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, I don't know everyone who doesn't agree with me, but yer incessant crying about an insignificant group of lazy people is perplexing. Much like the GOP to which you cling, I suspect this is the best defense you can muster. You have learned well at the feet of yer spineless GOP masters.

Tell ya what, if the GOP ever grows a pair and goes after the Commies, I might join back up. I guess I'd rather be called lazy than gutless.

Your turn, sir.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Farmer Byron,

My question is this; knowing that Political Partys are at best a compromise, why register as anything?

Your vote will count in every election. Any candidate is a compromise as well. It really doesnt matter, if you truely understand that Political Partys are giant Lobbyists for a particular voting block.

The absolute best way to fight Statism is to encourage people to register as Independent or No Preference. Do not ever give any organized party the satisfaction of being able to count on your support.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Farmer Byron,

My question is this; knowing that Political Partys are at best a compromise, why register as anything?

Your vote will count in every election. Any candidate is a compromise as well. It really doesnt matter, if you truely understand that Political Partys are giant Lobbyists for a particular voting block.

The absolute best way to fight Statism is to encourage people to register as Independent or No Preference. Do not ever give any organized party the satisfaction of being able to count on your support.

Well, I ain't so sure I'd call the LP all that organized. LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom