140 mph = $500 ticket but no jail time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny story.

Loaded up my homemade other trailer a Chevy S10 frame made into a trailer to haul my actually 18 foot long Coleman canoe.
I had icechests and fishing gear and tow chains etc in it to go on a 2 week fishing trip to Little City.
I just changed my gears in the 78 Nova to 2.29 gears and my 31x10.5x15 mudders on it.
11.9 compression 350" with 270H comp cam Ported and milled double hump heads.

ANYWAY.
Past 19th street on I35 headed south and some guys in a white hot rod with many performance parts window stickers rolls beside me and blips the throttle and I am going 65 MPH.

He pulls away taunting me.
BS say.
I pulled the shifter into first gear as it would run 95 MPH in first.
I was neck and neck with him and race was on.
I hit second gear and got a second gear scratch and it quit gaining speed at 5500 rpm in second and he began inching ahead of me.

I had to shift, when it hit 3rd the Nova lurched forward and pulled way ahead of that old hot rod. (Chevelle maybe).

He braked and we slowed to highway speed and I got a thumbs up.
About 145 MPH in second gear pulling my trailer.

So yes to your question sort of. :)
Cmon man!!!!!!You lie to your friends and Ill lie to mine, but lets dont lie to each other.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cmon man!!!!!!You lie to your friends and Ill lie to mine, but lets dont lie to each other.
NO lie it would not go but 5500 RPM in second gear.

Heck that setup would get waxed by a stock 4 door charger today on the highway.
Probably in the 1/4 mile also I could only get 12.55 at 110 MPH from it on Uniroyal Tiger Paws.
Kind of slow by today's standards I would bet a new V6 camaro with the right tires could beat it in the 1/4.
Cars are getting darn quick today and they have ludicrous top speeds.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa PD has been posting up speeders they’ve stopped lately and most are doing 35+mph over the speed limit. Personally, I think anyone stopped going that fast should have their car immediately impounded until they get to visit with the judge.

Same goes for vehicles that appear to be in enough disrepair that they pose a hazard to the safety of the public. While we’re at it the annual vehicle safety inspection needs to make a return and it needs to be thorough.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa PD has been posting up speeders they’ve stopped lately and most are doing 35+mph over the speed limit. Personally, I think anyone stopped going that fast should have their car immediately impounded until they get to visit with the judge.

Same goes for vehicles that appear to be in enough disrepair that they pose a hazard to the safety of the public. While we’re at it the annual vehicle safety inspection needs to make a return and it needs to be thorough.
DB1D52C5-EF66-4A23-9696-65C55C72A157.jpeg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in high school I hit 120 in my 78 Camaro and chickened out when the front end started feeling light.
Did the same in my new '71 Mustang going across Nevada. Front started to drift at 120+. Scared the crap out of my wife (well, me also).

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exceeded that on my Suzuki GT-750 water buffalo that was a drag bike on a paved country road to test a rebuild before the weekend. The deputy didn't have radar at the time, but the wheelie bar on the back and no tag was a dead giveaway. It got expensive.....
I had a GT-750 back in the day.

Very, very fast bike. Ugly as hell, but fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom