1911 Trigger jobs....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Cow!!!!

I have had an interest in getting some kind of 1911, but after reading the thread entitled "Big Problem with RIA Tactical" (or something like that) and the comments on this thread, I'm not so sure now.

I watched the video of the animated breakdown of a 1911 and was blown away. I have never seen the breakdown of any handgun to the extent of the breakdown in that video.

Now, in this thread to hear of "trigger jigs", maybe I need to reconsider whether I want a 1911 or not. 1911's look great (mostly) but I'm not sure I would be up to the task necessary to own one.

Then again, maybe I need to get over that thought and just dive in. After all, if I were to become hesitant about semi-automatics, then I'd have to go back to a revolver and sell all my semi's.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really it is no harder than taking apart an old clock, polishing up the edged of the gears and then putting it back together. In fact it is a little easier and the tick tick tick finally makes sense.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking apart a 1911 is really easy after you've done it a couple of times.
When I went to gunsmithing school, in the 3rd year repair program.
You had to be able to disassemble and reassemble the following to graduate.
1911-5 minutes
S&W revolver -8 minutes
Rem 11 or Browning A5--10 minutes
plus several others I don't remember the times on.
and this was detail strip not just a field strip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom