• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 2 3/8" Drill pipe/drill stem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What is upset production tubing?
Tubing used to produce the well or deliver product from the formation down hole to the surface. Also, may see it used as lead line for moving product from the well head to tanks or processing equipment, ie; oil/gas/water separator, etc. As opposed to regular line pipe being used.
The upset is a thickening of pipe near the connection to re-enforce the threaded portion. It's readily visible as the OD is increased creating the "upset".
Not saying it doesn't exist, as there's lots I have never seen, but 2-3/8 drill stem is one of them.
ETA:
Been a long time ago (1980's) but IIRC, 3-1/2" is smallest drill pipe I've seen.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Are you going to weld it together?
I’ll help him. He’s got a welder and I’ll drag mine over there too if that’s what you’re asking. The 2-7/8 is for posts and the 2-3/8 is for top rail. He’s also getting sucker rod for the fence and cee purlin for the barn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom