2,700 Light Armored Tanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was just a joke. Guess they really did place an order for these last year.

http://www.defense.gov/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=4701

Navistar Defense, L.L.C., Warrenville, Ill., is being awarded an $879,923,195 firm-fixed-priced delivery order 0023 under previously awarded contract (M67854-07-D-5032) for the procurement of 2,717 units of rolling chassis; 10 engineering change proposals; and 25 contract data requirements lists, for MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. Work will be performed in West Point, Miss., and is expected to be completed by the end of October 2013. Procurement funds in the amount of $879,923,195 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The original contract was competitively procured. The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, more contract smoking-gun that's not a smoking-gun contract ignorance. The article in the OP even trots out the long debunked "DHS bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo" line again.

DHS has not purchased 2,700 MRAPs and I challenge anyone to provide proof that they have.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you follow the source of the OP back through several links you will find that no one ever says that DHS is acquiring 2700 MRAPs.

the Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the U.S. Army Forces Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

So the marines are purchasing 2717 and DHS might be taking possession of one or two for use along the border and it gets reported on prison planet that DHS bought 2717.

Twist the facts a little, put it out there for everyone to jump to the conclusion they want, and gen up the fear and hysteria.
Get your survival seeds and gold while they will still sell it you.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got plenty of them headed here anyway with the withdrawal. They're really good at stopping IED's but anything over 50LBs will totally immobilize it, I've been in a few its not fun.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You Alex Jones haters realize that it wasn't Alex Jones who started this story, right? It's from a Gateway Pundit blog from a few days ago. Prison Planet ran the story the same time Drudge did (yesterday).

It's good to see that Alex Jones isn't the only one to be loose with the facts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom