$2 million winning lottery ticket sold in Ada..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how much money the winner will actually get, after all is said and done *cough*taxes*cough*

But let's say you get to put $2M in the bank. Fun question, what would you do with the money?

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a guy in Houston who won the Texas lottery. It wasn't a large amount...I think either 6-7 million..remember it was Texas State lottery.

Anyway, I really felt sorry for him. Everyone who was his relative and everyone who THOUGHT they were his relative was pestering and bothering that poor guy.

He got a motel room because of people coming to his house for money. Then, people were calling him at work and waiting for him in the parking lot of work...before and after his work hours.

Finally, after about 3 weeks of this craziness he walked into our supervisor's office and quit. He told me he was moving to either Key West or the Bahamas. He hated to do that but even his closest relatives..even siblings and his mother were begging him for money.

No phone number, no forward address...gone.

If anyone wins a lottery or a significant amount of money, hire an attorney to be your spokesperson and proxy.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a guy in Houston who won the Texas lottery. It wasn't a large amount...I think either 6-7 million..remember it was Texas State lottery.

Anyway, I really felt sorry for him. Everyone who was his relative and everyone who THOUGHT they were his relative was pestering and bothering that poor guy.

He got a motel room because of people coming to his house for money. Then, people were calling him at work and waiting for him in the parking lot of work...before and after his work hours.

Finally, after about 3 weeks of this craziness he walked into our supervisor's office and quit. He told me he was moving to either Key West or the Bahamas. He hated to do that but even his closest relatives..even siblings and his mother were begging him for money.

No phone number, no forward address...gone.

If anyone wins a lottery or a significant amount of money, hire an attorney to be your spokesperson and proxy.

Set up a trust and your attorney will claim the ticket in the name of the trust. No one but your attorney, the lottery commission and the IRS will know your name. Don't tell anyone else that you won.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought they changed it where an individual had to claim the money. not a corp or trust.

regardless. I'd bank the money setup an annuity to pull a little higher than my current annual income. I would then bounce around part time jobs making minimum wage. All while bitching about not making enough money and trying to start a fast food worker strike.

Latest posts

Top Bottom