300blk subs that cycle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at building another 300blk upper but this time I want to go with an 8 inch pistol barrel. I had no luck last timr around trying to make accurate loads that cycled does anyone have any pointers or opinions on that?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked my buddy what he uses and he said this:

start with 9 grains of imr 4227and work down Tp sub sonic! Most people wind up between 8 and 8.5 grains!

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use 8.2 grains of Lil Gun with a 220 SMK. With an H2 buffer , Noveske 10.5 in barrel and 7.62 SDN6 can, it cycles flawlessly until it gets to about 200 rounds. After that the bolt starts failing to lock back on the last round. I really want to try some AA1680 as that is supposed to be the ideal powder, but in the last year I have not found any. Subsonics are pretty challenging to load for. If you do not have a solid reloading process, you will either get loads that fail to cycle or loads that will crack the sound barrier. It's a pretty narrow window.

iceman755

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im well aware ive almost got my bolt gun loads dialed in. Taken near a year to this point. Only variable I can play with now is seat depth. I love shooting subs out of it so I figured I might as well get a gun dedicated to subs. What length barrels do yall use? I want to go with an 8 so its not ungodly long

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8.5 gr Lil Gun under a 165 gr pulled .30 M2 AP stays subsonic and cycles in my 9" AAC upper when suppressed. 11 gr of 1680 under a 220 gr SMK also stays subsonic in the same rifle with perfect function.

Latest posts

Top Bottom