40+ years of drinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Kenny, you sound exactly like my dad. Drank a few beers every day of the week forever. One day about age 65 he quit cold turkey. Have no idea what happened in his mind to do it, but he did. He was never a bad or mean drunk, just like a cold beer. I grew up around him and his hunting / fishing buddies, they all drank just the same. For whatever reason I never acquired the taste for it and glad for it. Keep it up!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I was a kid in high school sneaking beer out of dad or my uncles ice chest to getting old enough to buy it on my own I have drank beer everyday even when I was sick drove my wife nuts I never was mean or obnoxious never had a dui didn’t drink and drive I did when I was younger but got to thinking about the consequences and quit doing that along come the heart problems last month and doc said you have to quit so I cut back and one day at work while I was welding I thought to myself I wish I could just quit without any problems (DT’s) and I heard a voice in my head clear as day say ILL HELP YOU. It’s been 3 weeks since that day and I don’t even want one.
I asked for help on quitting dip and it was immediate; been off it for almost 4yrs now. God is good and anything is possible with faith in Him!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone
I was just a dam drunk for a long time. Officer Jones stopped me on Aug 20 1971, the day before I left for Nam. I will not forget him, he cared enough to be professional and let me go. I changed some for that. In Oct. of 1980 I was at Octoberfest, got drunk and some neo nazis jumped me and beat the drunk out of me. I have not been drunk sense. Figured if I was not drunk they would have had a hard time doing it. I guess Jesus turned the light on, because I saw the way. I have worked in 2 different drug and alcohol recovery programs and learned a lot from helping others. He will walk with you and guide you if you listen.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear man. Being able to stop after that long has to be tough, let that voice help you! I have a BIL that needs to stop drinking, but I don't see that happening until he confronts the issues that cause him to "self medicate"...maybe one day.
Be there for him and show him the way. lead by example.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I was a kid in high school sneaking beer out of dad or my uncles ice chest to getting old enough to buy it on my own I have drank beer everyday even when I was sick drove my wife nuts I never was mean or obnoxious never had a dui didn’t drink and drive I did when I was younger but got to thinking about the consequences and quit doing that along come the heart problems last month and doc said you have to quit so I cut back and one day at work while I was welding I thought to myself I wish I could just quit without any problems (DT’s) and I heard a voice in my head clear as day say ILL HELP YOU. It’s been 3 weeks since that day and I don’t even want one.
Hey my friend. I quit about 12 years ago after hitting it hard for 40. Not saying you will, and I didn't do the AA thing, but if you want to shoot the bull, pm me and I'll give you my number. Not that you would need it, or that I'd be any help, but misery loves company...ha, and I'm a miserable person. Ha again

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey my friend. I quit about 12 years ago after hitting it hard for 40. Not saying you will, and I didn't do the AA thing, but if you want to shoot the bull, pm me and I'll give you my number. Not that you would need it, or that I'd be any help, but misery loves company...ha, and I'm a miserable person. Ha again
Thank you sir

Latest posts

Top Bottom