40+ years of drinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was younger I had a problem drinking, not a drinking problem.
When I drank in a “social setting” I always got “don’t remember how I got home “ drunk.
Finally realized I can’t do that.
Now I occasionally have a single ice cold beer after sweating my ass off doing yard work, and I buy a single 750ml bottle of Amaretto about every two years for the very occasional night cap.
I thank God every day for not having to deal with addictive tendencies, and for keeping me alive through the younger years of stupidity.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best Friend drank himself to death by age 28. Everyone who knew him offered help, tried to help, begged and more. He would not stop. Died at 28 with no liver, no kidneys, no teeth, one leg. He was 6ft 10in of a beast and the booze started in on his health at 22. Six years the vodka won.

Never any addictions have I. I enjoy hearing of and meeting people that defeated it. I hope any of you and the OP fight it and win. And those that fight it everyday, keep it up!

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24 years and 7 months dry here. It can be done. I just decided one day to stop.

After 30 days you have the physical cravings licked. Sometimes the psychological cravings can be a tough nut to crack.

But, it can be done.

Good luck.
Yes sometimes I seer a beer commercial and think dam that looks good but then it goes away

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24 years and 7 months dry here. It can be done. I just decided one day to stop.

After 30 days you have the physical cravings licked. Sometimes the psychological cravings can be a tough nut to crack.

But, it can be done.

Good luck.

Not with alcohol, but I smoked cigarettes for roughly 20 years and then a pipe for 20 or 21 after that. When I went in to have the cataract surgery on my first eye, I think I would have been willing to give up my left leg to have my pipe for a bit before. THAT was the worst craving I had had in 10 years at the time. I can understand the "psychological" cravings.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any addiction to alcohol, tobacco or drugs so I have no experience to offer as a help. I do believe that voice you heard was the very real voice of God. For all who have shared overcoming your habit or addiction, I applaud your will power. Blessings to continue knowing many here have your back spiritually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom