44 Mag Revolver at 200 Yards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been playing around with this revolver lately and was testing some handloads at 50 and 100 yards. I figured I might as well give it a whirl and see how it does at 200 yards. I am definitely not the greatest with shooting pistols/revolvers, but I think that's a pretty decent group, at least for my abilities.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
swamprat said:
What scope are you using on that and what mount?

I’d be interested as well I’m going to setup this rig for hunting.

I ditched the fancy walnut grips, pretty but slick.
A1E20474-827B-46E4-82B1-D4BA21B001E7.jpeg

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Been playing around with this revolver lately and was testing some handloads at 50 and 100 yards. I figured I might as well give it a whirl and see how it does at 200 yards. I am definitely not the greatest with shooting pistols/revolvers, but I think that's a pretty decent group, at least for my abilities.

So... when are you going to stretch it out a little a quit messing around with the short stuff!! :cool:
Thanks for sharing as usual.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
swamprat said:
What scope are you using on that and what mount?
Nothing special, its a Bushnell Trophy 2-6x32. I don't even remember what rings I have, but I think they are some cheap $20 leupold rifleman rings from the amazonians.
So... when are you going to stretch it out a little a quit messing around with the short stuff!! :cool:
Thanks for sharing as usual.
hah! yea I'm thinking I might have to try it at the 300 yard table just for sh!ts and giggles. lol

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Impressive!! You think you would consider taking the shot on a hog at 150-200 with these results?
If that's the only gun I have with me I probably would lol. Normally I take this revolver in my bag and carry my rifle. Yesterday I took the revolver only and found a few hogs in the woods about 100 yards away. I lined one up and took the shot, but missed. I got home and watched the video back and I nailed a small tree limb dead center that was about 60 yards away and exploded it. lol. If I stick with only carrying the revolver then I will have no choice but to take a shot out to 200 yards, but I will definitely need to be sitting and I will need my tripod mount to have any chance of holding it steady. My adrenaline was trying to get the best of me yesterday as well lol. I shoot a decent amount of hogs, but I still get pumped when I'm stalking through the woods after them.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's the only gun I have with me I probably would lol. Normally I take this revolver in my bag and carry my rifle. Yesterday I took the revolver only and found a few hogs in the woods about 100 yards away. I lined one up and took the shot, but missed. I got home and watched the video back and I nailed a small tree limb dead center that was about 60 yards away and exploded it. lol. If I stick with only carrying the revolver then I will have no choice but to take a shot out to 200 yards, but I will definitely need to be sitting and I will need my tripod mount to have any chance of holding it steady. My adrenaline was trying to get the best of me yesterday as well lol. I shoot a decent amount of hogs, but I still get pumped when I'm stalking through the woods after them.
Oh I bet. I’m the same way. Every time I have to remind myself to calm down and breathe before taking the shot on large game.
I’m excited to see the results when you get one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom