9mm carbines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 9mm AR is a great platform, but you'll pay for it. The Keltec sub 2000 is probably the greatest 9mm sub gun ever invented. In my opinion of course...

-It is very reliable (I have shot about 4500+ through mine without a problem)
-It is light weight (about 5 pounds loaded)
-It has adjustable sights (elevation)
-It can fold in half (folded it can fit in any standard size backpack)
-It takes Glock mags (it usually comes with 2 17rd glock mags)
-Cleaning is easy and fast (5-10 minutes)
-It is cheap ($300)
-It is super fun... shove a 33 round Glock mag in there and smiles are guaranteed.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Ruger PC-9 that I wish I still had. Similiar to an M-1 carbine, used Ruger pistol magazines, shot full power 9mm rounds and felt like I was shooting a .22LR.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you mount optics on the Kel-Tec and how accurate is it out to 50 yrds?

You *can* mount optics on the Kel-Tec. But if the question is if you can *use* optics on the Kel-Tec...well... :)

The KT has a factory optional folding scope mount that, by all accounts, doesn't work at all. Lots of people use oddball solutions to mount scopes (mostly adapters that clamp to the barrel) but most of them tend to break the fold-in-half feature.

Oh, and the KT comes in a variety of magazine-compatibility. Besides Glock 17 and 19 flavors, you can also get them for S&W 59X series, Beretta 92, and SIG 226 magazines. The Glock is just the most popular of them because the magazines are relatively cheap, and the factory 33 rounder is best large-cap 9mm pistol mag ever.

Kept looking at one of these, but they're hard to find, especially if you have a magazine preference.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm out in Colorado currently and I picked up a Hipoint 995 in a pawnshop. Has the ATI stock on it with a flashlight. Looking forward to getting home and doing some plinking with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom