A little help. HDMI to RCA analog converter needed???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok so my TV has HDMI out as does my DVD player but neither has RCA out to feed my stereo.

My stereo does not have HDMI input as it is 25+ years old.
Anyone use a converter to do this and have good luck with it..
OR. does anyone have a good AM-FM reciever with A-B speakers out or at least some good amount of wattage in 2 speaker output for sale with HDMI input.

Just trying to use my old big a$$ speakers when watching a movie..I want to feel the movie like i used to when i was using old TV and VHS

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok so my TV has HDMI out as does my DVD player but neither has RCA out to feed my stereo.

My stereo does not have HDMI input as it is 25+ years old.
Anyone use a converter to do this and have good luck with it..
OR. does anyone have a good AM-FM reciever with A-B speakers out or at least some good amount of wattage in 2 speaker output for sale with HDMI input.

Just trying to use my old big a$$ speakers when watching a movie..I want to feel the movie like i used to when i was using old TV and VHS

Quick google search of "HDMI to RCA converter" shows a lot of options, I've never gone this route so can't recommend anything...

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MY big screen has a mini phono output for audio I just used a stereo phono to dual RCA adaptor to run audio to my stereo amp. Might check to see if you don't have the small phone jack, will look like the earphone jack on your computer.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
MY big screen has a mini phono output for audio I just used a stereo phono to dual RCA adaptor to run audio to my stereo amp. Might check to see if you don't have the small phone jack, will look like the earphone jack on your computer.

This is your best bet. If you have this it will be cheap. If not, then you need a converter, which won't be cheap, since you are basically using a mini computer to read the digital HDMI signal and output the analog RCA.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only output on TV is Toslink another name (optical digital audio output) And it outputs in dolby only so most converters do not accept the compressed dolby and ones that do end up with a lip sync issue.. the TV sound does not keep up with lip movement.

I do have a digital coax output through a single rca plug on DVD.. no headphone jack though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1161303-REG/kanexpro_haecoax2_4k_hdmi_audio_de_embedder.html
I have one of these inline between a 4th Gen Apple TV and a monitor to pull off the analog audio. I also have one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C4WPXA
between the Kanex box and the mixer. (I actually have several of these in the building converting the TOSLINK from 3rd Gen Apple TVs to analog audio.)

I have the C&E DAC in production and the Kanex box in testing, and they both work very well.

ETA: You don't need the C&E box to use the Kanex box; the Kanex has a 3.5mm stereo jack, so you'd just need a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to RCA Y-cable. You could also skip the Kanex box and use the C&E box to take the TOSLINK out and convert it to analog stereo audio.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 15" loud speakers in each corner of the room You remember the old big home stereo speakers in 3.5foot tall wood boxes with 5 different sized speaker in them.
Yea it rocks the house..I have friends that had sound bars and surround sets with separate powered sub.
Did not sound as good as my set up.. but that soundbar that 53convert has for 100 aint bad.

I purchased a converter from amazon along with the turbo book that i wanted.. How to select and install turbochargers.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 15" loud speakers in each corner of the room You remember the old big home stereo speakers in 3.5foot tall wood boxes with 5 different sized speaker in them.
Yea it rocks the house..I have friends that had sound bars and surround sets with separate powered sub.
Did not sound as good as my set up.. but that soundbar that 53convert has for 100 aint bad.

I purchased a converter from amazon along with the turbo book that i wanted.. How to select and install turbochargers.

Nothing rocks like those old speakers, I had some 15" Cerwin Vegas, they were incredible, and could absolutely shake the walls.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn right!.
I used to build some rockin systems in cars and always liked the big boxes and big long throw speakers.
But then you get into "dampening factor' it needs to be up there to control the cone movement or you get the sound we refer to as farting.
I am sure you know.
But listening to it at non deafening levels you can get by with 45 dampening factor just fine.

Yea i like to feel the thump in my chest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom