A question for all Members of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have much to donate except my time and my shooting skill, but I would gladly get the training required to guard our children.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a nice gesture and makes a ton of sense. I'd participate. But, I think we'd better hear from their teachers union before we get too excited. That union will decide what the teachers will do. And, I don't think they'll be on "our" side of that issue. Dead on Arrival I'm afraid.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but saw this and you are right on. Unions rule all, and thank you for bringing this point up.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, do you think CLEET is the way to go? Yes, the easy way for the laws and gov't. I would prefer they go to a private company or service like, and I am not promoting anyone, but Paul Abel in OK, or others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts are a course that's tailored to the specific mission at hand. We're not expecting school employees to do policing, just defense of the kids. The time and training needs to be narrowly focused IMO.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in for a donation and a fundraiser. Frankly, I don't think the training or facilities will be a problem because instructors, etc. will be lining up to donate their time on this one. Even ammo suppliers, etc. should be getting behind this. I think being proactive in this way would be great PR for the gun community and provide a much more viable solution than all the "gun control" being proposed. Much of the program could be modeled after what airline pilots went through after 9/11. Imagine if we had pro-gun teachers instead of the alternative educating our kids. Our kids might actually have a chance at being able to make an informed decision about guns as adults.

I don't think starting with the Teacher's Union is the way to go. I think it would be best to get enough teachers on board to approach the Union instead of an outside party. The Union represents the teachers and should have an obligation to hear them out. Also, I am not so sure the Union can bar teachers from carrying if the state allows it. I would tend to think our Governor would be open to the idea of getting behind this. It would be nice to have some state legislators leading the way with this agenda. Many schools already have law enforcement on site so some local PDs may have valuable input. I know it is a long shot but I am excited about this idea. It is the best thing I've heard since the tragedy.

JB, how do you propose to get the ball rolling? I would think meetings of influential (legislators, administrators, firearms training professionals, attorneys, etc.), like-minded people in Tulsa and Oklahoma City could get the train moving quickly. I will be watching the thread and looking for an opportunity to help. Thanks for suggesting this and giving us some hope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom