Accuracy issues with bull barrel rock river arms ar15- Tulsa ar builder to trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I have interesting news and some things confirmed.
Went back to the range with a harmonic device i
Of sorts. Limbsaver dampener
https://limbsaver.com/products/stabilizer-dampenerThanks to clint for the suggestion. Had some more issues while trying it.
***** to put on.

Noticed the 556 ammo would not extract after loaded. Also noticed damage to the neck shoulder and body. Neck was crushed slightly for most 556. Photo has that one in the right.
223, very clean. In the left.

Had to pound the gun to get 556 ammo to eject.
Started thinking this is an AR-15 with 223 chamber?

Looked up the barrel, here it is:
https://doublestarusa.com/24-1-8-fluted-bull-barrel-gas-block.htmlNotice it's 556. I have a non fluted one, but the exact same one. Pretty sure this came stock with Rock river arms.

Another big issue was some double firing. Would pull the trigger , 2 shots. Sometimes shoot after releasing the trigger, but not consistent.
I did notice this last week, but thought it may be me . Pretty sure there is some other issue besides the barrel with that!
Kinda scary.
I had one with RR trigger group and it would double tap every time. I pulled the disconnect and the hook was a little too short letting it double tap.

czechnolike

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Is the crown good?
Greetings all,

I bought a bull barrelled, 18 inch, 1 in 8 twist AR-15, rock river arms, from the big Tulsa gun show.

It has an awesome trigger, psg1 grip, and excellent stock. Love the idea of it.

I cleaned the Barrell, and have shot about 12 different type of ammo through it. It's not liking much! 1 to 3 moa groups. Switched scopes and mounts too.
Very inconsistent.

My rock river arms LAR15, with a gov barrel, eats 55 ball ammo all day with around 1 inch groups. No problem.

Who in the Tulsa area is reputable to trouble shoot an AR? I figure it's with having a check over for torque, worn parts, etc. before going to the next step

Anyone have Crusader tactical or Advanced combat troubleshoot accuracy issues?

Or do I have a worn out barrel? This AR must be 15 years old. Don't want to dump a bunch of money into it, but definitely open to a new barrel IF that is the problem.

Pics, Bull is the bull Barrell ones. 16 is the rock river arms 16 inch operator. That thing just rocks the ball ammo! 77 match as well.

100 yard groups, 40 degree day, little wind.

Also note, I have a Remington 700 varmint 223 that will stack a dime at 100 yards. I can normally get a quarter out of it. Some of this problem may be me the shooter, but not all.
Update
Had a few people look at it. The barrel is bad in several places. The top of the chamber and beginning of the barrel is flat, not round. That is damaging the 556 casings. The crown rifling was not finished properly.

Apparently, the doublestar barrel manufacturer is a step up from Chinese junk, and don't care about QC.

So, new barrel and new trigger for me.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least you know what to do to fix it. White Oak barrels and good to go in my book. I’m a big fan of drop in triggers. Don’t go standard 7lbs. Find something close to 2lbs or can be adjusted. If it’s a target rifle.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Cmc single stage triggers are my favorite, also am a big fan of Ballistic Advantage and Criterion Barrels, glad you found out and did not waste money trying to find ammo or a load that would make it shoot

Latest posts

Top Bottom