Action Pistol Match in Shawnee Sunday the 23rd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was at the IPSC match out at the SCRAP club in Duncan this past weekend someone told me that there is a small action pistol match at a club/range out in/near Shawnee, OK this Sunday the 23rd.

Can anyone confirm that there is a match to be had and tell me when and where the club is located?

Thanks!

:Heya:

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been to one but I am told it is an action style pistol match. I was told that it is usually 3 stages with a decent round count and great props from Mr. Abels training programs. When I was told he has cars and house like buildings I knew I had to check it out. I was also told the schedule is somewhat irregular so now would be a good time to come check it out. I see your in edmond too. Let me know if you want to carpool over there.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the links to the videos I took out at Shooting Iron this past weekend.
There were 3 stages. Round count was about 35-50 depending on how well you shoot steel.
The first video is a 360° view of the range and facilities.
The second video is stage 1. Stage 1 was pretty boring because the moving targets setup was broken. We were supposed to be shooting at target moving down a 15yard track from left to right. Instead we shot 12 rounds at 3 different positions using two handed, strong handed only, and weak handed only grips.
I could not get video of stage #2 because it was shot from the top of the shoot house that we shot through in stage 3. It was a pretty cool stage being 10 feet off the ground. I had never shot a stage from anywhere other than at ground level or up a few steps on a platform. I just couldn't get a good vantage point and stay out of harms way with the video camera. We shot mostly steel poppers and plates on stage 2.
The last video is stage 3. It was a fun stage that I completely screwed up by missing a lot and moving before I neded to. You shot through a house like building at a popper and two paper targets. You had to move into 3 different position to address the different arrays of targets.

360° view of the range

Stage 1

Stage 3

Please do not laugh at my technique!:angry3: I am working on it.

Overall I thought the match was decent. It was very laid back.
It would be a good place to get your feet wet shooting an IPSC style match.
There were shooters of all levels there with some having open guns and some stock production type guns. I would not recommend the match for someone looking to tune up there game before a big match as it is too small for that. If you miss your regular monthly match or just have some time to kill on Sunday morning its not a bad match to keep you shooting until the next larger match.
It's not a real long drive from OKC either.
The match fee was $12 which is quite steep for 3 stages.
I do not plan to go to every match but I will go again in hopes of getting to shoot up and out of those cars sometime.

PM me if you want to know more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom