All purpose 45 acp's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the HK45 is probably the most comfortable .45 I've shot. It can be carried in a condition 1 with the manual safety. It costs about the same or less than many nice 1911s. The only downside I see is the lack of holster options. I like the Blade Tech Eclipse.

Then there is the FNX that has a lot of the same functions but with 15 round mag capacity and much cheaper. Also lacks holster options.

Ergonomics and overall function, looks and reputation go to the HK but the FN is a great option. I'm also a fan of the Sig P227.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FNH FNX 45 or their tactical model.
Light weight for it looking somewhat large but it feels great in the hands.
Holds 15+1 rounds of .45.
Used ones ain't at a bad price.
There are some holsters out there for it.
It is a reliable gun because it went through the SOCOM military testing and came out in like the top 3 or so.
Fully ambidextrous.
Can be carried cocked and locked or you can use it as a decocker.
As far as the tactical model the only difference is is that you can a cut out in the slide for like a Trijicon RMR red dot sight.
Has high mount suppressor sights.
Plus a threaded barrel for it.
All comes with 3 mags and a nice case which is for sure not bad for what you're getting.

leadfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the HK45 is probably the most comfortable .45 I've shot. It can be carried in a condition 1 with the manual safety. It costs about the same or less than many nice 1911s. The only downside I see is the lack of holster options. I like the Blade Tech Eclipse.

Then there is the FNX that has a lot of the same functions but with 15 round mag capacity and much cheaper. Also lacks holster options.

Ergonomics and overall function, looks and reputation go to the HK but the FN is a great option. I'm also a fan of the Sig P227.

Ditto on the HK. The 45c paired with the Milt Sparks VM2 is a nice combo. 10 round mags available. Like that FNX too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom