Finally got to shoot some of my new guns... some thoughts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang...ya'll all fussing with each other over nothing. I can tell you this; Glock 43 mags are easy-peasy to load by hand. I have actually owned 2 Shields, both 9mm ( I really tried to like the gun but just didn't)...and don't remember the mags being a PITA hard to load. Maybe they changed the mags or something since I ditched the things in favor the G43.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife had a little trouble with that, but I assumed that would break in more over time. Spent a few minutes working with her on proper technique, which helped a bit.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt! I just got it put together, but gonna tear it down and send the new handguard off for Cerakote. I'm actually seriously considering shortening the barrel from a 10.5" to a 7.5".... with the suppressor on, it doesn't really look like much of a damn SBR. :pissed:

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 8" cmmg barrel and with the suppressor its a little shorter than a 16" rifle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 231

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What suppressors are you two running?

I have an 8.5in .300blk that I'm going to SBR, and currently looking at the SilencerCo Omega 9K because it's only 4.7" long. Which should put total length around 12.5"-13" depending on if the dimension given is total length, or length added.

Oh, and tr, what handguard did you end up going with?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a YHM Ti for my .300AAC. It's pretty long, I guess. I did a ton of research and eventually got so bleary-eyed, I finally just picked one. lol Couldn't tell the difference, really.

As for my rail, I ended up using a 12" from FBT. I can't recommend them, as the barrel nut they come with doesn't fit ANY wrench we've been able to find. I can just get 2 lugs wedged in, so I think I'll be able to get to the required 35 lb or so of torque when I get it into the vice once it's Cerakoted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom