America has an economy converging rapidly on full employment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Federal Reserve meets
The best of all worlds
Dec 17th 2014

WHAT could be better than an economy converging rapidly on full employment? A central bank in no mood to get in the way. That is the happy combination America now enjoys, and it explains the stock market's euphoric reaction to today's meeting of the Federal Reserve.

In the statement released after its meeting, the Fed hailed "solid job gains" and diminishing slack in the labour market. Projections of its officials put unemployment at or below its long-run “natural” rate a year from now. This is not an economy in need of zero interest rates. And, as officials had broadly hinted beforehand, they did start to prepare the way for rates to rise from zero where they have been since 2008. The statement no longer contained the two-year old pledge to keep rates near zero “for a considerable time.”

rest of article with more details is worth reading here
http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2014/12/federal-reserve-meets

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only know one person who is unemployed (and he's only unemployed because he's a douchbag liberal "artist" who thinks anything beyond teaching or selling his "art" is beneath him), so the graph must be true.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just keep all this going in a positive direction and don't let the numb nuts in wallstreet pigeon theory themselves into chaos over the oil and natural gas prices.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok .. ok .. I took off the graph
but the point is America is doing fine and making a come back.

The US economy is in excellent health, expanding by 5% annual rate third quarter of 2014, outperforming other countries in the developed world. we should see more GDP growth in 2015 as consumer spending is supported by strong job creation, low interest rates and low levels of household debt.

there's lots of places in the world that's not doing so great.

look at what's happening to the Euro zone? all one has to do is follow the USD to Euro exchange rates.
1.00 USD = 0.818348 EUR .. the euro has dramatically dropped in value against USD despite the continuous quantitative easing or printing billions and billion of USD $$$$.

unlike the USA, Eurozone has been very slow to recover .. some say on the verge of depression. even Germany is slowing down with an estimate real GDP growth of 1.4% this year and 1% in 2015.

Last edited:

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an economist or an expert of any kind but if all these folks are working, I'd think the national debt would be going down and I'm sure there's likely an explainable reason.
Debt of any kind (personal, national, etc) concerns me but as stated, I'm not an expert so what do I know?

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok .. ok .. I took off the graph
but the point is America is doing fine and making a come back. .

look at what's happening to the Euro zone? all one has to do is follow the USD to Euro exchange rates.
not too long ago it took about $1.40 USD to buy one Euro. now it takes .81 USD to buy one Euro.

I think you need to check your math.

1 Euro equals 1.22 US Dollars.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you need to check your math.

1 Euro equals 1.22 US Dollars.

I stand corrected .. sorry about the typo, got it backwards.

as of today 1.00 USD = 0.818348 EUR .. the euro has dramatically dropped in value against USD despite the continuous quantitative easing or printing billions and billion of USD $$$$.

traditionally when any country prints money, it dilutes the same existing currency in the form of inflation. but what's happened is exactly opposite .. the USD has gotten stronger and stronger despite all the $$$ billions and billions of US dollars that's been dumped into the world's financial system.

result is our banking system is flush with cash and super strong vs say the Eurozone which is struggling to stay solvent. recently Japan has tried quantitative easing or printing yen. results so far has been disastrous.

the USD is the reserve currency of the world ... despite attempts of other to setup say the Euro to settle oil transactions, it has not remotely come close to happening. anytime something horrible happens anywhere in the world .. capital flees to the USD.

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you just love propaganda???

that's OK rickn .. I won't hold showing your ignorance against you :D
economics is not Fox news .. hard economic data has nothing to do with party affiliation or what you think of pot ...

fact is what happens in the rest of world has a direct impact on what happens in the good ole USA.
what economists think are having a greater and greater impact on national and international policies.
this applies to private multinationals and federal agencies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom