An Informal Experiment: Pilots, Check In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Private ASEL, Instrument Airplane, A&P, but haven't flown for almost 10 years. Just couldn't find the time & money to stay proficient with a new baby and the wife transitioning from earning a paycheck to becoming a stay-at-home mom.

Not a lawyer, but I am an engineer, ham, and motorcycle rider.

With the baby about to turn 10 and the wife talking about re-engaging in the work force, I'm starting to glance skyward again...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pilots in the family and lawyers but I am neither.

My late father and grandfather both flew. My father flew small planes only, my grandfather flew all types of aircraft as well as his own private jet.

I did own ultra lights/experimental aircraft and even owned a small airpark and rented out hangers for other enthusiasts back in the 90s, but never aspired to fly larger planes. Was just a phase I went thru in my 20s. I think I just had more money than brains thinking back about it today.

My wife and her family are hot air ballooning enthusiasts.

I have friends and relatives who still fly. A buddy who lives way out north of Owasso works for one of the airlines and he and his father both rebuild and fly planes.

My BIL is a jet engine consultant, he flies all over the world for his job. I think he also has his pilots license.

I have always had a fascination with flying and just think its some of the coolest stuff on the planet. I have the ultimate respect and jealousy for those that do it often.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll check in. I have a PPL though I haven't used it in years. Flying just got too expensive to do as a hobby. The USAF pays me to be a navigator, and it's a great gig. Just a few more months (God willing), and I'll have an OBA number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a retired Corporate Pilot. ATP SEME Land. Typed on Falcon 20, 50 and Gulfstream 3. Also on the DC 3. A lot of my pilot friends are shooters. I didn't have the money for college, but worked and made enough for the PPL. The GI bill and companies paid for the rest of my training.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a big overlap noticed between doctors who were pilots and the v-tail bonanza, which earned it the nickname "Doctor Killer". (and doctors a bad reputation as pilots)

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a military pilot as my only career (C-130 E/H and T-6 IP). Although I do have my commercial, CFII, and a few type ratings too.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to fly, private single engine, mostly Cessna 150's. But haven't flown in 20 or 30 years. Enjoyed it but got so expensive just quit.:cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom