Another WTF thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alcohol and drug abuse in children is more common than many think, and is the root of an awful lot of horrible stuff. 50% of kids between the ages of 15-24’s deaths (from accidents, homicides, suicides) involve alcohol or drug abuse. It’s best to catch it before it becomes a problem. In a lot of situations the teachers are all a kid has for support in their life.

https://www.aacap.org/aacap/Familie...oms_and_Illnesses/Alcohol_and_Drug_Abuse.aspx

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I make it a point to tell my stories of childhood as often as I can, it is important for us "survivors" of childhood abuse and neglect to remind everyone this happens.

I can tell you more, if you want, but I will tell you my last time I was beaten, it was a typical Saturday morning like any other.

My half brother was jacking with me, I was trying to watch M.A.S.K. I think? Loved the iroc.

He kept throwing captain crunch at me. I had enough. So I pined him and I tapped him repeatedly on the forehead. He hated that, naturally he screamed.

Mommy dearest came in the room and he said I was killing him, step dad saw me.

He grabbed my by my neck, and tossed me into the wall, luckily I went between the studs, I remember it vividly because of that sound those old panel walls trailer houses had when they break to this day.

I was done with it, I was tired of being a victim. I wanted it to end, that was the first time, and the only time I was ready to die.

The pain, the neglect, the suffering I was done with it, and I looked at him, he saw it and he was happy to oblige.

Put me across his lap and I remember the first two smacks felt like fire, not sure where they were, but he hit me 17 times with a belt buckle from the base of my neck, down to the back of my knees.

I remember looking at the wall outlet, and ready for it to end. Hoping it would, and then the world started to shake. I got scared, so scared because I couldn't stop shaking.

I went into grandmal sezuires I was told later as a teenager. He tossed me out the window like trash, I dont know how long I was out there in the dust.

An auntie found me, state got an emergency order of custody and I was there in the care of the state for almost a year.

I had to learn to talk again, I had a severe lisp, learn to walk again, and still can't close my eyes and tilt my head back or I fall down.

I was 5.

It is why I know how these kids around me feel, I know neglect, I know all I wanted was someone to listen, just ask me what was wrong.

I would have told anyone that wanted to hear me, but it was the 80s and no one cared about a rez kid.

I went to my dad, he was there every day for that year waiting for me. Every day after work he would go there till 9pm and wait.

When the hearing came, my mother showed up spun out on coke, the judge asked me where I wanted to go, I told him where I dont get hit, where I don't hurt...with my daddy.

He asked me, if I send you with your mom what will you do? I sat there and I said I will use my daddy's tractor and smash your desk.

Mommy dearest said she didn't want me, I was useless....she never paid a dime of child support as she was ordered.

Step-dad is long gone, cops got him, mom recently died. I was told by my half brother the one throwing cereal at me that after they pronounced her dead they left her in the yard.

I found out she passed by a high school reunion page my dad was part of, 3 days after the fact.

I still haven't cried.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woke Crap Needs gone from schools.. Paddling and Bookwork reinstated
Does it?

Would you rather not know these things happen?

Did you ever suffer abuse, neglect? What you suggest as paddling was done at McCloud schools where i went for a time.

I didn't talk, for years I didn't speak. It was seen as a sign of defiance, I had been 1980s beaten before that, much like these kids get today, but from each other.

I got so many paddling because I didn't show pain, didn't show emotion, and they would never call because like you suggest...

Make them DO IT!

No, they won't, as for book work? Why? So they can be more accustomed to take work home with them as part of the routine?

Go to school for hours and hours and then do it more at home? Or is yours a type of punishment?

Writing sentences? Reading encyclopedias? I did that too. Those books got me to realize history and that no one, no one back then ever asked what was wrong.

Just hit them kids, punish them kids, make them work in those mines, tend to those fields.

That is what they did then, and you turned out OK right? I mean you say do it some more!

NO!

Up till this year, my sons entry into Highschool never once did I pressure him, did I force him to do anything.

I got lucky he is alright, I explained to him why, because his mother, me, we never got to chase lizards, never got to get lost in a corn field, never got to catch crawdads with our best friend.

I wanted to be a dad and have him bring me a stick and be so excited because to him it was amazing, so to me it was.

Know what he has always said to me?

I love you dad, he has NEVER said I hate you, or you are a bad father.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make it a point to tell my stories of childhood as often as I can, it is important for us "survivors" of childhood abuse and neglect to remind everyone this happens.

I can tell you more, if you want, but I will tell you my last time I was beaten, it was a typical Saturday morning like any other.

My half brother was jacking with me, I was trying to watch M.A.S.K. I think? Loved the iroc.

He kept throwing captain crunch at me. I had enough. So I pined him and I tapped him repeatedly on the forehead. He hated that, naturally he screamed.

Mommy dearest came in the room and he said I was killing him, step dad saw me.

He grabbed my by my neck, and tossed me into the wall, luckily I went between the studs, I remember it vividly because of that sound those old panel walls trailer houses had when they break to this day.

I was done with it, I was tired of being a victim. I wanted it to end, that was the first time, and the only time I was ready to die.

The pain, the neglect, the suffering I was done with it, and I looked at him, he saw it and he was happy to oblige.

Put me across his lap and I remember the first two smacks felt like fire, not sure where they were, but he hit me 17 times with a belt buckle from the base of my neck, down to the back of my knees.

I remember looking at the wall outlet, and ready for it to end. Hoping it would, and then the world started to shake. I got scared, so scared because I couldn't stop shaking.

I went into grandmal sezuires I was told later as a teenager. He tossed me out the window like trash, I dont know how long I was out there in the dust.

An auntie found me, state got an emergency order of custody and I was there in the care of the state for almost a year.

I had to learn to talk again, I had a severe lisp, learn to walk again, and still can't close my eyes and tilt my head back or I fall down.

I was 5.

It is why I know how these kids around me feel, I know neglect, I know all I wanted was someone to listen, just ask me what was wrong.

I would have told anyone that wanted to hear me, but it was the 80s and no one cared about a rez kid.

I went to my dad, he was there every day for that year waiting for me. Every day after work he would go there till 9pm and wait.

When the hearing came, my mother showed up spun out on coke, the judge asked me where I wanted to go, I told him where I dont get hit, where I don't hurt...with my daddy.

He asked me, if I send you with your mom what will you do? I sat there and I said I will use my daddy's tractor and smash your desk.

Mommy dearest said she didn't want me, I was useless....she never paid a dime of child support as she was ordered.

Step-dad is long gone, cops got him, mom recently died. I was told by my half brother the one throwing cereal at me that after they pronounced her dead they left her in the yard.

I found out she passed by a high school reunion page my dad was part of, 3 days after the fact.

I still haven't cried.

So sorry this happened to you. :comfort: There's no place for child abuse in our society. Any bastard who hits a kid (other than a butt spanking) is trash to me.
Pick on somebody your own size mutha-fukka! :pissed:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were never asked any of that in school. Does anybody else remember the blue briefcase of drugs the Rogers county sheriff's department would loan the schools to show what drugs looked like? It had everything in there Marijuana, Meth, Cocaine, heroin, peyote, you name it, it was in that briefcase behind plexiglass. They kept it in the principals office.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry this happened to you. :comfort: There's no place for child abuse in our society. Any bastard who hits a kid (other than a butt spanking) is trash to me.
Amen to that. I grew up in an abusive household with an extremely abusive grandmother, it wasn't good at all. My grandma had mental problems, maybe early onset dementia, I'm not sure.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it?

Would you rather not know these things happen?

Did you ever suffer abuse, neglect? What you suggest as paddling was done at McCloud schools where i went for a time.

I didn't talk, for years I didn't speak. It was seen as a sign of defiance, I had been 1980s beaten before that, much like these kids get today, but from each other.

I got so many paddling because I didn't show pain, didn't show emotion, and they would never call because like you suggest...

Make them DO IT!

No, they won't, as for book work? Why? So they can be more accustomed to take work home with them as part of the routine?

Go to school for hours and hours and then do it more at home? Or is yours a type of punishment?

Writing sentences? Reading encyclopedias? I did that too. Those books got me to realize history and that no one, no one back then ever asked what was wrong.

Just hit them kids, punish them kids, make them work in those mines, tend to those fields.

That is what they did then, and you turned out OK right? I mean you say do it some more!

NO!

Up till this year, my sons entry into Highschool never once did I pressure him, did I force him to do anything.

I got lucky he is alright, I explained to him why, because his mother, me, we never got to chase lizards, never got to get lost in a corn field, never got to catch crawdads with our best friend.

I wanted to be a dad and have him bring me a stick and be so excited because to him it was amazing, so to me it was.

Know what he has always said to me?

I love you dad, he has NEVER said I hate you, or you are a bad father.
WTF your telling some good stories on here! yes i got paddled yes i got reprimanded. and yes i respect the law ,authority and want what's best for the kids. no discipline no respect no accountability. that's what's wrong with this country. , (just my opinion).

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF your telling some good stories on here! yes i got paddled yes i got reprimanded. and yes i respect the law ,authority and want what's best for the kids. no discipline no respect no accountability. that's what's wrong with this country. , (just my opinion).
Oh I am sure you did, however was it respect or fear?

There is a difference. Also I value your opinion, learned long ago that I should with everyone.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I appreciate it, but don't be sorry, just be aware, know the signs as well.

If you see it, make a scene.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were never asked any of that in school. Does anybody else remember the blue briefcase of drugs the Rogers county sheriff's department would loan the schools to show what drugs looked like? It had everything in there Marijuana, Meth, Cocaine, heroin, peyote, you name it, it was in that briefcase behind plexiglass. They kept it in the principals office.
Oh ours was a black one, I wonder if that was real?

Latest posts

Top Bottom