Any Day labor hangouts in East Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are without water due to a major leak on my side of our water meter. I'm too old and feeble to dig up the area around the Water meter box to get to the leak. Can't afford to call a plumber but could afford to pay a day laborer to do the digging. Wondering if anyone has seen a street corner where guys looking for work hang out in East Tulsa.

I know I can go down town Tulsa to Johns three sixteen but being 4 miles east of Catoosa I would rather not drive all the way to down town Tulsa if I can find something on the East side. I can fix the leak, it's the digging part that would kill me. The plan is to run into BA today and get everything I might need to fix it, then hopefully tomorrow find someone to do the digging.

Thanks..

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post an ad on Craigslist. Tons of people on there I bet you'd have someone quick

ETA. It's what my brother does to get his flower beds ready every spring. Has has real good luck with it

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Graigslist works pretty good.. Just posted and already have two replys.. Now have to decide which one, both look good.

First guy to respond is on his way out.. He wanted to do it today mud and all so decided to let him go for it.

Thanks guys, knew you would point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like peanuts option. Or you gotta have some other teenage boys in the 'hood you could pay. I bet any father, worth a crap, that had his neighbor come knocking looking for some labor would gladly volunteer his son for manual labor. I sure as heck would.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The H.O.W foundation in Tulsa is also a great source for affordable labor. More expensive then day laborer, but also a bit more reliable, and still cheaper then specialized companies. Move furniture, dig up flower beds, trim trees, these guys will do it all.

Just so you know, its a rehab program, and physical labor is part of their recovery program. Keep people occupied, learn trade skills, etc etc etc. The laborers though will always have a foreman that comes out.

Only bad thing is that you have to get on their books a few weeks in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom