Any other snowboarders here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do. After fifteen years of skiing, I tried a snowboard - and sold my skis to buy a board. Haven't looked back, and I love riding the powder.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The board for this season. Still deciding on bindings..

i127.photobucket.com_albums_p130_2ThouZ28_aca5ad8f.jpg

i127.photobucket.com_albums_p130_2ThouZ28_c41da084.jpg

KYLE_B

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love it. I've been boarding for 15+ years. I got a new board last year and went to Taos. My daughter went last year and she loves it too. We're planning a couple trips this year.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet-looking board! Mine is a Never Summer all-mountain unit, with Burton bindings and boots. Unfortunately, I won't be taking any trips this season, but I like Copper Mountain, Snowmass, and Jackson Hole. Vail was great, but it does get crowded.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other place I live at in northern California is just down the road from Bear Valley ski resort and we've been skiing there since I was a little kid in the 70s but when my kids are up there with me then we board, even though most serious boarders in our area there board over at Dodge Ridge or sometimes Strawberry. So I just buy passes at both places and we go to DR unless it has snowed alot and we cant get over there then we go ahead and ski at BV. The pro shop at Dodge Ridge though carries the better boarding gear plus they take tradeins on most Burton gear. Bear Valley is an old old fud resort thats kind of like Florida- full of alot of older rich people who own these million dollar 'cabins' there so the runs are usually packed with old skool traditional skiers who hate boarders. The runs they do have for boarding are kind of boring even though the snow there is always awesome, plus the lifts there are old creeky and kind of scary- but theyre actually kind of exciting too wondering when theyre gonna snap. We're going up there for Christmas so I'll try to get some pics up.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything I do shredding. But once or twice a year I'll take my old Ride Fleetwood up to Copper. Love it there. Ride on.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything I do shredding.
Ditto. I wouldnt call anything this old man does 'shredding' either, but I like it and its alot of fun and better than skiis. My 15 yr old is the shredder. He's 6'x200lbs and he can really get it same as with all 3 of my girls. They all just laugh at the old man with the bad football knee and extra weight in the front. I dont mind. I have a good time watching them have a good time. The best times for me are when we take along one of the girls boyfriends or something and theyve never boarded. Then I have someone to laugh at- til they get it- then Im back to being the slow old man. Hey, I at least have an MP3 player in a velcro cuff and not some old Sony CD or cassette Walkman. I aint that old.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perplexed said:
Sweet-looking board! Mine is a Never Summer all-mountain unit, with Burton bindings and boots. Unfortunately, I won't be taking any trips this season, but I like Copper Mountain, Snowmass, and Jackson Hole. Vail was great, but it does get crowded.

2012 Arbor Roundhouse RX. I'm in love w/ their rocker boards, and they have always had badass edge control.

Latest posts

Top Bottom