Any roofers to fix my leaks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so I have 2 separate leaks, not storm or damage related.

Leak 1 is on the front of house out the upstairs and downstairs window, it leaks from the top of each window on the inside, and a little wetness shows up in the brick of the outside of bottom window. I got out on roof and siliconed the upstairs window all around and below the upstairs window song the flashing. This helped the downstairs window by 75% and did not help the upstairs window. Today I did another water test with hose and by spraying above the downstairs roofline but NOT above the upstairs window had a couple drips on the downstairs window. Spraying above the upstairs window but below the round vent had some minor leaking in on inside of downstairs but none on upstairs window. Spraying above and on the round vent leaked along all of upstairs window and corner of downstairs window exactly as it did during most recent rain. Sooo, looks like I need to silicone around the round vent, however I can't get up there, I stand 6'4"" and standing in the roof by upstairs window my hand lacks a couple feet reaching bottom of round vent. I'm a big guy and don't do roofing so want an experienced roofer to help, someone that climbs roofs all the time and can get to that round vent, with a ladder or however else???

Leak 2 is on back side of house on chimney, top of chimney I believe. A couple years ago we had leak inside of house by fireplace and roofers came and repaired some along sides of chimney but didn't fix leak and finally narrowed down to leak on chimney cap so they just siliconed it for the time being. Chimney has some rot and will need repaired/relaxed eventually, but looking for someone to get up there and re silicone around and on the chimney cap again as it is leaking down corners in attic, though not yet getting in house.

Sorry so long just wanted to be descriptive to give accurate picture of what was going on. Reply back or msg me if able to do this job and approximate price to access and seal these two areas.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_17_1bf9cf88985c1661db64b1e005f73c27.jpg
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_17_a87af77b22382f32fe70c48370c81145.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like a fairly new house, I bought a house and found that they put no flashing in a valley and no felt under some areas. Do like I did, wait until we have a good hail storm and reroof.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got someone to get up there and silicone the areas I think are causing the problems so we'll see if that fixes it.

Yeah don't want to claim another new roof anyway. I got a new roof 4-5 years ago with hail damage. This problem seems to be joint seals becoming cracked, I think anyway. I did have a roofer come inspect and he said the roof itself looks fine and shouldn't be leaking, though he did say there was minor hail damage we could claim for a free roof ha ha, however since I just claimed one 4-5 years ago don't want to claim anything I have to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom