Any thoughts on Tempur-pedic beds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can u still sleep on your side on one or do you sink in to far?

Sleeping on your side is no problem. I do it all night long. (sleeping on my side that is. ;) )

I think there's a misunderstanding in these foam matresses. I don't feel any sinking in. It just contours to my body and supports me. It's not like regular foam. It's really dense.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the contour pillows made of that stuff and it's GREAT! As for sinking, it actually takes a minute to settle completely into it because it's so dense.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am undecided between the tempurpedic and sleep number mattress.
Anybody has experience with both?

Some friends of mine had a sleep number bed for about 5 years and they switched to the tempurpedic and told me the tempurpedic was much better.
This and the fact mine was doc recommended made up my mind for me.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am undecided between the tempurpedic and sleep number mattress.
Anybody has experience with both?

I have slept on a Sleep Number in Dallas and we have an off brand Tempurpedic. The Sleep number sucks! Nothing more than a conventional mattress cover with an adjustable air bed inside. Not worth the time to bring it in the house. The tempurpedic is a much better choice. I wanted the real thing, but the wife did not want to spring for it. She went and bought a pillow top something that started to break down after about 6 weeks. Went back and talked her into the generic tempurpedic and I have never been happier. No heat issues. Best money spent, since you spend more than a third your life in bed.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long have you TempurPedic owners had your mattress? There are quite a few reviews and stories stating the mattress has started to slouch and sag after several years.

We're leaning towards the Serta/Hilton Serenity mattress that used in all of the Hilton resorts and such. They're coil-spring mattresses, but are super comfortable and get raving reviews. Plus they cost about the same as all these other fancy beds. Does anybody have one of these?

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long have you TempurPedic owners had your mattress? There are quite a few reviews and stories stating the mattress has started to slouch and sag after several years.

We're leaning towards the Serta/Hilton Serenity mattress that used in all of the Hilton resorts and such. They're coil-spring mattresses, but are super comfortable and get raving reviews. Plus they cost about the same as all these other fancy beds. Does anybody have one of these?

I think it has been almost 4 years.
If it sags enough before 20 years they will give you a new one. IIRC the warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom