Anybody ever do a Holter Device for at-home ECG monitoring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last 6-months to a year, I have felt some flutters in my chest a couple times a day. I wanted to get it checked out to be on the safe side. I did an in-office ECG yesterday, which came back normal, so they put me on a Holter Monitor this morning. Basically, it is 4 electrodes on my chest with a little box that goes into my pocket. 48 hours of this.

Anybody else have this experience?

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Had to wear one for 2 days this last summer. Had some flutters that worried me but turned out they were not heart related. It wasn't too bad except when trying to sleep and wash up. Still was really glad when the 48hrs was up. Hope your flutters turn out to be nothing.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never wore a monitor but I have heart palpitations all the time. I hate them but I Figure if they were going to kill me they surely would have by now.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife had one for about 24 hrs when pregnant with our first. the worst part was taking the dang sticky pads off the skin. No such thing as just ripping them fast.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worn two different type. Both for Afib monitoring. First was a divide worn on the hip with an octopus wire harness type deal with about 8 wires connected to sticky pads all over my torso. The second was a little device about the size of an old school pager attached to a very sticky adhesive pad. It was stuck right above my left peck muscle. I was to wear it stuck to me for up to 2 weeks and recorded every beat. When I though I felt an irregular heart beat impressed a button and it somehow make a note 90 seconds before and after I pressed the button. I was to do all normal activities while wearing the device. It only stayed on for 3 days before I sent it back to the lads for diagnosis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom