Anybody ever taken cortizone shots for Plantar Faciitis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had and positive or negative feedback on taking the shots, I have it bad and can hardly walk when I first get up in the mornings and after I sit awhile when I get home. I have been using the arch supports but they are not doing much good. I saw my Doctor at the gunshow and he has offered to do them for free but doesn't highly recommend them? I know they will hurt like a Mother but Dang, I am hurting like that now!! Just trying to make a decision and looking for experience?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Wife had it, started using a tennis ball for stretching and finally got over it. My understanding is once you start the shots you will continue doing them.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom had surgery for hers. She did get a cortizone shot for her knee. Didnt think the pain was worth it. Guy I work with has it, got fitted at the new balance shoe store in edmond, thats all he wears now. Says its literally gone. Granted the shoes were 120-140 a pop, but he thinks it was worth every penny.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Mother of God can they hurt! I've had two. The 1st doc was a sadist of the highest degree. It was all I could do to not rip his face off. The second doc was much better. That shot was much more tolerable. I assume that it's the technique that can make it better or worse.

FWIW, it helped me for about 3 weeks per shot. When my custom insoles finally arrived, I still had to take pain meds for several weeks. But each week it got a little better till now, where I have no pain at all.

willnotgoquietly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After suffering a long time with the same issue I found that stretching every day really helped the problem go away…

I can not say on the shots, they don't last anyway.

Give stretching a real try, 2 or 3 times a day. It worked for me.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had gotten it in my right foot, (i think from kicking trailer hitches alot) i streched it every day and got some better boots and so far so good it is gone. i didnt want to get one of those shots, im out on the whloe stick a needle in your joint and waller it around bit!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had PF in both feet at the same time. Really sucked! Tried shots at first. They helped some, but it was relatively short lived. My ultimate solution was exercises, (best was rolling my foot over a frozen water bottle), custom insoles (not cheap) and better shoes. DO NOT WEAR FLIP-FLOPS.

Today, I wear good sandles with arch supports in the summer and my "dress" shoes and exercise shoes are those that are usually sold for diabetes patients. In other words, they're good shoes designed for support. I wear the custom insoles in my exercise shoes.

Take care of your feet, guys. And, your ears. And, your eyes, And, -----oh well, you get the idea.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a run in with this a couple years ago. I used a tennis ball and you can also use a can of soup or something to roll your foot on to stretch it. Also you can look on Amazon for night splints, it keeps your foot from pointing down and that part of the foot from tightening back up. That should really help you with your mornings. I also went and bought a bunch of athletic tape versus using the arch supports and I would tape up my foot in the mornings. When it was sore and I taped it up, it was amazing how much support you got and how much it relieved me of the pain. Let me look up the taping method I used and I'll post it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom