That Gurl, Lets compare tree attacking stories :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dnaged if'n you don't cotton to Gary Busey.

View attachment 441954

View attachment 441958

I think he looks more like Clint Eastwood.

1704163429754.png

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't fly much? TSA could be a biatch getting through.
I've been flying more since I got a hip replacement.

It is interesting to see how screening differs amongst airports. Some I go through the metal detector undetected. Others pick me up and I have to be scanned. Some of the scans I have to get a rub and tug, others just say OK and let me go.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My story begins on a beautiful December 2, 2022 day. I decided to clear a longer shooting lane for my deet blind so a shot could be made across a ravine. There was one last tree coming out from the bank at the top of the ravine that needed to be cut down. As I had both feet on the trunk I began to cut and really thought that it would fall a certain way. About 1 minute before it feel I thought to myself it sure would hurt if I fell to the bottom of the 13’ ravine. When the tree fell I was struck in the head by a large limb with the full weight of the tree. I was knocked out and of course fell to the bottom of the ravine. I am not sure how long I was out but woke up looking at a blue sky. The chainsaw was still running but had fallen under the tree. My injuries include a broken left wrist, a strained right had, bumps, bruises, and a messed up neck. I have had neck pain and a headache since that day. I have had an mri of head and neck and been seeing a pain management doctor. He has tried several treatments and even nerve ablations on both sides of my neck. Nothing has worked. I am now trying to get into a neuro surgeon for the next step. Well, we all know what surgeons like to do. Time will tell. :) I am so blessed that God protected me in my stupidity as He often does but He did allow this one to hurt. I very easily could have broken my neck and died right there and the coyotes and hogs would have eaten me. lol

I really wish I had a video.
God told you, you just did not take his advice. It sure would hurt to fall in the ravine.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An ACDF surgery that fused C4, 5 and 6 helped for a while BUT...
I had surgery to fuse 4/5. In 1998, "state-of-the-art" medicine involved placing the entry incision in the lower front of the neck. Never understood the concept of cutting the head half-way off, but my pain was so severe that I was willing to try anything (hell, my next step would have been a witch doctor chanting and scattering chicken bones! :D )

Luckily, the fusion worked and neck pain has been minimal for more than two decades now. I'm truly blessed, in that regard.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had surgery to fuse 4/5. In 1998, "state-of-the-art" medicine involved placing the entry incision in the lower front of the neck. Never understood the concept of cutting the head half-way off, but my pain was so severe that I was willing to try anything (hell, my next step would have been a witch doctor chanting and scattering chicken bones! :D )

Luckily, the fusion worked and neck pain has been minimal for more than two decades now. I'm truly blessed, in that regard.

Yep. They went in thru the front on me also. My surgeon was PHENOMENAL. I wanna say it was 2019, or thereabouts. I woke up with NO pain. They kept asking me if I wanted pain meds and I told them no I wasn't hurting. Not even at the incision site. Poor nurses freaked out and next thing I know there were a half dozen doctors at my bedside poking and prodding and asking questions. Seems they thought I might be having a stroke or some kind of catastrophic neurological "event". Nope. I was just happy to NOT have a headache.😂😂

It lasted about 5 years and then the headaches started creeping back in. But I've NEVER ever gotten rid of the occipital headaches completely. Guess the damage my mom did by shaking me until I passed out did damage that there is no fixing. Looking back I think I was completely pain-free was because of all the stuff they give you for surgery. Because I am headache free for a few days after every surgery I have ever had. Kinda makes me want to go step off a curb and mess something up about once a quarter or so ... 😇😂😂

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta share my nephews story. He wasn't attacked by a tree though. He has scoliosis. I really didn't notice it until maybe 2-3 years ago as it started to get worse. Well my sister started looking for treatments for him and the glorious people at Shriner's Childrens in Philadelphia took the case. I understand what pain is through my TKR recovery BUT I don't know how much pain this kid could handle! He just had all his wisdom teeth pulled a couple weeks ago and didn't need any kind of pain meds. Here are some pics! This kid is my Hero!!! The picture of him and his mother before and 2 days after. His father is 6'8". He had just turned 14 before surgery! I used to be the tallest in the family at 6'2" but now HE is!
tristan.jpg
tristan2.jpg
tristan3.jpg
tristan4.jpg
tristan5.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom