Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a few Dillon things from Village Tactical today, as well as a pound H4350 and some Lee 38 Spcl dies from Cabelas...Cabelas has several nice Smith's in their used gun room, mainly model 27's and pre-27's, from 4" to 8 3/8"...out of my budget, but the most I've seen together other than the Smith table at a few gun shows...Cabelas guy said a 93 year old gentleman unloaded almost 100 guns on them a few months back, with 70ish being Smiths, this is whats left now...guess I need to get over here more!
What sucks is you know they probably offered him $500 on the spot for each, from the scuttlebutt I heard at the okc gun show from a couple guys that knew the old man. Most the guns were NIB or LNIB. I would have loved to have worked on that collection for him.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What sucks is you know they probably offered him $500 on the spot for each, from the scuttlebutt I heard at the okc gun show from a couple guys that knew the old man. Most the guns were NIB or LNIB. I would have loved to have worked on that collection for him.
Hate to even think about that! Yep, most of the ones they had left looked to be 90%+ guns, very nice ones. Would've like to caught them early on, or him in the parking lot!

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to even think about that! Yep, most of the ones they had left looked to be 90%+ guns, very nice ones. Would've like to caught them early on, or him in the parking lot!
Yea no kidding been standing there when they made him the offer and gotten to cherry pick a few of them in the $6-800 range before he sold all. Those model 27s and Pre 27s command a friggin premium on the open market

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea no kidding been standing there when they made him the offer and gotten to cherry pick a few of them in the $6-800 range before he sold all. Those model 27s and Pre 27s command a friggin premium on the open market
I thought about selling my 66-2 and buying one of them, just for the bigger frame, but probably won't

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a supply dump of Wilson Combat parts yesterday for my Sig Match. Bulletproof checkered one piece magwell, Starburst grips and a full length guide rod with bushing. I think it makes this gun pop!

Still waiting on a Dawson Fiber front sight to complete this project. I also bought springs in 10#, 11# and 12.5# to fine tune my hand loads for it.
20211221_080516.jpg
20211221_080522.jpg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a supply dump of Wilson Combat parts yesterday for my Sig Match. Bulletproof checkered one piece magwell, Starburst grips and a full length guide rod with bushing. I think it makes this gun pop!

Still waiting on a Dawson Fiber front sight to complete this project. I also bought springs in 10#, 11# and 12.5# to fine tune my hand loads for iIncredibly Nice

Still waiting on a Dawson Fiber front sight to complete this project. I also bought springs in 10#, 11# and 12.5# to fine tune my hand loads for it.
View attachment 241406View attachment 241407
Incredibly Nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom