Anybody see this Amber Alert? WTF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
again what is the BFf/husband/baby daddy also has Aspergers? That these two were are dating?
In that case, he'd better be developed mentally at the same low level she is. If that isn't the case, then well my original sentiment still stands, Aspergers or Austism or not.

And if that is the case, I'd probably feel the same towards them that I do towards young teens that get pregnant and then can't take care of the kids and pass them off to their parents.

I seen nothing posted about her taking the child.
Just that she was last seen with the child.
Was this some drummed up stunt to help find her.

I suppose I jumped the gun and assumed that it was being treated as a family abduction because the Amber Alert said she "Took her 6 week old daughter." However, my original post was about how a person with a 9 year old mentality got pregnant and the power dynamic involved in that.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in junior high there were a couple of the special needs kids figured out that their bits fit together. The school almost had to hire another faculty member just to keep track of them as they were always sneaking off somewhere. There’s always more to the story.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some people classified as 'intellectually developmentally disabled' or 'learning disabled' (formerly 'retarded') who are considered 'high functioning' and can 'get by' in society and be perceived, superficially at least, as normal. They have learned to laugh when everyone else laughs, look serious when everyone else looks serious, etc. and thus they can 'fit in.' But they may read and do math at only the 3rd grade level even though they are 20 years old or more - people may generally consider these people as 'kind of dumb' or 'goofy' but might be surprised to learn the person is classified as developmentally disabled. I know a person who was married to their spouse for over ten years before they figured it out (doesn't say much for the spouse I know). These terms constantly change and the ones I've used here may not be up to date. The point is, it may not be that obvious - especially when using the wrong head to think with...

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good that they've been found. Maybe not so good that they've not mentioned the condition of either of them.

Interesting that they're saying Asperger's Syndrome, too. They have used that diagnosis since the DSM V came out. That was 2013. They just call it Autistic Spectrum disorders, now. Not that everyone is happy with that. The folks that are high-functioning are now lumped in with those who can't speak, or understand spoken language, and require diapers even though they may be in their 20's or later.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People with Asperger's can be extremely smart. Elon musk has it for example, so does Amy Schumer's husband he is some famous chef. Not everyone that has it is mentally "retarded"

I worked with a guy at a past company that had full blown Asperger's, he was a good worker but he had no sense of danger. He would work unsafely and I'd have to get on to him all the time about slowing down and not getting in a rush. He was very robotic. He had his area of expertise in things. People would call him Retarded Ryan. Even though that couldn't be further from the truth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom