Walmart - we are doomed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm the opposite. We will go out of our way on drives to hit new Walmarts. I like to buy tshirts for small local schools, and the kids love the clearance aisle.
I won't use self check, my wife won't wait in a cashier line.
Last summer, on the way thru, we went to the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, got to ask an AI hologram of Sam Walton questions, it was entertaining and free. If you're ever nearby, make sure you ask Sam about "the donkey incident". Wish I had recorded it.

PXL_20230617_214637099.MP.jpg
PXL_20230617_215313725_1.jpg
PXL_20230617_215319261_1.jpg
PXL_20230617_215327883_1.jpg
PXL_20230617_215339370_1.jpg
PXL_20230617_215342802_1.jpg

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but WalMart was absolutely the death of a lot of mom & pop shops in small town America. My step mom and a friend were one of the victims. They opened a shop in downtown Madill and sold "craft type" clothing for women and girls that they themselves made.

WalMart came along and built a store there and you couldn't get a living soul to walk through the door. They went to the new WalMart and bought the chinese and mass produced cheap stuff. WalMart decimated the whole town and basically everyone had to go work there to survive. I don't even know if the building owner found a new tenant or how long it took them to do so. It was years though.
Wal Mart would move in to a town, set prices stupid low so mom and pop couldnt possibly compete. As soon as mom and pop stut the doors, WM adusted prices back up to where they needed them to be.
So anyone who thinks WM didnt do this intentionally is ill informed.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wal Mart would move in to a town, set prices stupid low so mom and pop could possibly compete. As soon as mom and pop stut the doors, WM adusted prices back up to where they needed them to be.
So anyone who thinks WM didnt do this intentionally is ill informed.
Amazon did that exact thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom