Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbadreier

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@ JP0212 - I know where I am headed for my Bug Out location. It is on land that no one goes on so I am going to pick a flat area near a water source (probably a pond) within lots of woods and start stockpiling!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This discussion has come up on here before, and I still can't agree with general bugging out. I'm pretty much a "bug in" guy if for no other reason people don't consider what it would really be like. You'd pretty much better be at or real close to the place you want to hole up in, as travel will likely be impossible. For one thing: fuel. Quick Trip and Flying J won't be open or have gas. It will be the Road Warrior on steroids. Roads will be constantly blocked by those trying to ambush others for gas (in cans in their bug out vehicle, or the vehicle's tank itself). The open road will be the 2nd most dangerous place behind the inner city.

And I've brought up before the same thing seurto did above: if you're planning on doing it, you'd better have a place of your own or agreed-to place with a person who already lives there (providing you can get there). Farmers aren't going to be too compassionate about "city slickers" heading out their way in droves, shooting their cattle, etc. Same goes for those in the mountains, or people in the rural areas in general. I'm pretty sure they won't roll out the welcome wagon for all of the urbanites flooding into their property, killing all of the game, raiding gardens, etc. Any unfamiliar faces will be a threat. And every rural resident I know is well armed.

I'm staying home if I can help it.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see that some have "tactical vests" listed.. What about tactical body armor vests or helmets? Just curious, I mean, if we are gonna go "all out" survival..

And what about dogs?
I have a dane and mastiff that can tote as well, has anyone ever gone as far as harnessing them up to carry loads? We also have a chihuahua, she would be for emergency food rations only..

Here is my plan for the pooch. Never know when buggin out might include a drop in option...
http://www.k9storm.com/cataloguenew04.html

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan to stay put until the initial panic is over then head to the farm if I need to.

This. But frankly, the area around the house is just as secure as our farm...maybe more as the woods in Lincoln County (where the farm is located) are getting the reputation for being a haven for drug mfg.

Bubbadreier

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This discussion has come up on here before, and I still can't agree with general bugging out. I'm pretty much a "bug in" guy if for no other reason people don't consider what it would really be like. You'd pretty much better be at or real close to the place you want to hole up in, as travel will likely be impossible. For one thing: fuel. Quick Trip and Flying J won't be open or have gas. It will be the Road Warrior on steroids. Roads will be constantly blocked by those trying to ambush others for gas (in cans in their bug out vehicle, or the vehicle's tank itself). The open road will be the 2nd most dangerous place behind the inner city.

And I've brought up before the same thing seurto did above: if you're planning on doing it, you'd better have a place of your own or agreed-to place with a person who already lives there (providing you can get there). Farmers aren't going to be too compassionate about "city slickers" heading out their way in droves, shooting their cattle, etc. Same goes for those in the mountains, or people in the rural areas in general. I'm pretty sure they won't roll out the welcome wagon for all of the urbanites flooding into their property, killing all of the game, raiding gardens, etc. Any unfamiliar faces will be a threat. And every rural resident I know is well armed.

I'm staying home if I can help it.

I agree that I will be staying home as long as possible, but I would also like to be prepared to leave if I have to. What would you do if it was a natural disaster in your area? It might not be safe to stay home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom