Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbadreier

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Hump66 - How long do you think you could carry that bag? I for one hate over the shoulder bags like that, hurt my shoulders too much!

After reading more about the internal and external framed packs, I think I am going to go with an internal frame. Any one have thoughts on the two?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Hump66 - How long do you think you could carry that bag? I for one hate over the shoulder bags like that, hurt my shoulders too much!

After reading more about the internal and external framed packs, I think I am going to go with an internal frame. Any one have thoughts on the two?

Internal. Definitely. Prolly in the neighborhood of 3,000 cubic inches. 5,000 and above are for serious loads.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Internals are far more comfortable for me...for a long trek with a heavy load of multiple items. That being said, externals have some versatility that could be useful. The main pack can be removed, and the frame (with a shelf) can be used for hauling heavy/bulky loads. Water cans, ammo cans etc....

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh it's by no means a carry all the time, more just to get it from point A to point B without attracting attention. Once I'm at point B it will be slung, cocked, locked and ready to rock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom