Anyone here use doctors at Ascension St Johns hospital and clinics in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently Ascension nationwide had a major IT & communications hack recently
I have been unable to get my Lasix prescription refilled and my pharmacist has sent multiple request. I have been unable to use the online patient portal to contact my doc. I called the office, was put on hold for over an hour and got cut off while trying to use my doc's nurse line too.
I love my Doc, they have always communicated very well. When patient portal is running I can even send pictures of my booboos to my doc.
Highly unusual situation going on.
I have swollen feet really bothering me and just a little Lasix can make a big difference. That must have been a bad hack attack to screw up usually great communication with my Doc.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use them. Most docs in Ascension cannot send scripts right now. You will have to go pick it up from the office and take it to the pharmacy. I just did this for my cardia meds and water pill.
Who is your Doctor?

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calling my DR is always a PIA. A lot of times they don't answer. Most times, I drive over to the office and do a face to face at the desk. I ask for the Dr. and she will come up and ask what's wrong. I also have the portal to message them, but it takes a few days. Make a trip up there. You'll be better served.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my experiences were good at Ascension. Two major surgeries. Got plenty of meds ok. My surgeries were mid Jan and early March this year. My surgeon was very responsive to our requests.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an old-old prescription that needed a refill on Thursday, and I'm out of state. My Dr.'s assistant called it in twice to the pharmacy. The only problem was that when the pharmacist tried to enter in the information, my Dr. wasn't verified by the Walgreen's system, probably because the Walgreen's system probably tried to verify through the Ascension-St. John's system--and it couldn't. So the prescription wouldn't go through. The pharmacist here ended up issuing the prescription under his own authorization.

The offices have NO written records at all. Everything is on the computers that are down.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran out a couple weeks ago on one and figured they didn't want me taking it anymore. Then I hear about this. so I guess it's off to st. johns tomorrow.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad has a few tabs he will give me if I drive over to Enid tomorrow. His doc just changed his doseage and he said I can have what is left of his old prescription. Dad said Integris in Enid has the same problem
This happening brings up a disturbing reslization of how the globaĺ masters will kill off a bunch of folks. Deny access to common meds.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently Ascension nationwide had a major IT & communications hack recently
I have been unable to get my Lasix prescription refilled and my pharmacist has sent multiple request. I have been unable to use the online patient portal to contact my doc. I called the office, was put on hold for over an hour and got cut off while trying to use my doc's nurse line too.
I love my Doc, they have always communicated very well. When patient portal is running I can even send pictures of my booboos to my doc.
Highly unusual situation going on.
I have swollen feet really bothering me and just a little Lasix can make a big difference. That must have been a bad hack attack to screw up usually great communication with my Doc.
My understanding was that it was a ransomware attack on the nationwide Ascension system. They can't do much of anything. "Unusual" system activity reported on May 8, and it affects Ascension in 15 states.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use them. Most docs in Ascension cannot send scripts right now. You will have to go pick it up from the office and take it to the pharmacy. I just did this for my cardia meds and water pill.
Who is your Doctor?
Dr. Jon Cox at Bernson Bldg 402
He is a great guy who has really heloed me when I was hurt bad and post covid syndrome problems

Latest posts

Top Bottom