Anyone "rooted" a Samsung Galaxy S? (Fascinate, Epic 4, Captivate, Vibrant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone? I'm far from a techie, but I returned the Captivate, due mostly (90%) to the fact that it had undeletable, pay-for-only, bloatware on it (from AT&T). If I try one of these again (like the Epic 4 / Sprint), I'll only do it if I know I can get rid of such bloatware.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't, I have task killer to monitor what's running. Everything else (tethering etc) I can do without rooting.

This is me.

One of my users decided to root his Vibrant. I told him that it's now out of warranty. i'd rather have a warranty nowadays.
I used to try everything I could, but it's a waste. I just ignore or close the unnecessary apps using a task killer.

Reaction score
Jeff and BB, how do you delete the proprietary bloatware put on there by AT&T? Which app does this? Or how do you do it? I couldn't figure it out and (surprise) the AT&T store people didn't know how or wouldn't tell me how. They just said "You can't".

Specifically, "AT&T Navigator."?

I had the Task Killer app and it wouldn't delete the icon.

I won't "ignore it", for a couple of reasons, not the least of which my 8 year old nephew could hit "I agree" to the EULA when I let him play with it, and voila, I'm hit with a $2/month charge that I don't use and probably won't even discover for a few months, and they surely won't refund. But mainly, it's on principle.

Reaction score
Manage the applications doesn't do it.

Which phone do you have, Zombie?

I wouldn't care if it was a free app, OR if it was simply deletable until I were to choose to re-install it. But pay-for & undeletable is a bad combination for me.

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
mines rooted and their stock software gone, check out the xda developer forums. theres a 1 click root and then youll need a file manager to pull off the files, fairly simply.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manage the applications doesn't do it.

Which phone do you have, Zombie?

I wouldn't care if it was a free app, OR if it was simply deletable until I were to choose to re-install it. But pay-for & undeletable is a bad combination for me.

I'm running the intercept from sprint - it works fine for me and it's getting 2.2

I didn't want a phone they were putting end of life, and I didn't want to pay a premium data fee for 4g when it isn't fully in OKC yet...

Latest posts

Top Bottom