Apparently I'm A Glutton For Punishment......Wish Me Luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In before @surjimmy, dibbs 😂

I would be hesitant to call dibs on it for fear that I'd be committed if Adam actually lets it go. I think this one will be a bit outside of any of our budgets, fully serviced with a refurbished case. I won't even mention the going rate for one that's been serviced and in nice condition. 😳

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You ever work on wall clocks? I have my grandfathers old clock. I never tried winding it again after my father said it was broke. Only thing I remember was the damn thing bonging at times. Can not remember if every hour or just at 12. I do remember it was loud!
How long has it been sitting? And do you have pics of the movement?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured I'd get the easy part done first, which will be taking it apart.
Reminds me of an old joke.
A surgeon is having Thanksgiving dinner with his daughter's family, and his son in law is carving the turkey. After each slice, he comments on how precise and uniform each cut was.

When he's done, he points out the uniform thickness of the slices and how clean the cuts were, then says, "hey, maybe I should've been a surgeon!"

Without missing a beat, the surgeon says, "yes, those are very nice cuts. Now, put it back together."

Latest posts

Top Bottom