AR prices have sure plummeted, haven't they?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to a guy today who relayed a great deal he got on a brand-new AR...

He said it was a Bushmaster, entry-level model, similar to the Colt Optics-Ready Sportster or whatever... just a basic flat-top M4 config with collapsible stock and empty top-rail. He has a friend who is a dealer and apparently Bushy is giving a $100 dealer rebate and a $50 customer rebate. The dealer, since he was a friend, gave him both of them - total price was in the range (after rebates) of $379 - plus tax, I'm assuming, but still...

Holy Moly.

:yikes2:

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Palmetto State has made it possible to get a decent build for around 500 as well. I seen a S&W MP-15 sport for 529.00 shipped on slick guns today.

I have been buying one or two a month for a while now. Just waiting until the Dems take control of the HOR this November..:nolike:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I seen a S&W MP-15 sport for 529.00 shipped on slick guns today.

I saw one in a Walmart recently with a $449 price tag on it. I had to do a double take, because I thought for sure it had to be a 15-22. Sure enough it was a M&P 15.

Now, if .22 rimfire would just get back to pre-panic availability and pricing. Still waiting on that brick of CCI .22 WMR game points on backorder from Midway since last December.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's awesome. Every good man needs an AR.

My only issue with the budget ARs are the details on the parts. That's why I really like Palmetto State's premium line. Full auto rated BCGs and their barrels are made by FN. You can build a superb rifle now for $520 with out the rear sight and mag.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Bushmaster M4-A3 Patrolmens Carbine at the OKC Bass Pro in 2012 about 2 weeks before the Newtown, CT incident and paid about $775.00 for it. After Newtown, the same rifle was as high as $1,400. Check out what it is going for now: http://www.targetsportsusa.com/bushmaster-m4-a3-patrolmans-carbine-xm-15-223-rem-556-nato-rifle-90289-p-54236.aspx?utm_source=Target+Sports+USA&utm_campaign=80d853728e-Bushmaster+Patrolman%27s+AR-15+Back+in+stock&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4f4aeab969-80d853728e-943377

And there is the $50 rebate referenced above making it now $600.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$449 for an M&P Sport...wow! If I find one at that price I will definitely buy another one. I have had an M&P sport for 2 years now and I love it. I am sure Palmetto makes a great gun, but $449 with a full warranty from Smith and Wesson is hard to pass up. Especially, when the M&P shoots so well. Like everyone else I am thrilled to see prices going back down.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

Latest posts

Top Bottom