are godless kids doomed?...and other fun stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that for the many times the Bible has been translated and copied, everything in the Dead Sea Scrolls has corroborated what is in the Bible to this day.

Woody

But maybe there's something beyond that. A very notable fact is that the scrolls hold books outside of the Hebrew Cannon(controlled by the Rabbis) just as the Nag Hammadi Library holds books outside the Christian Cannon,(controlled by the church) most notably the gospels attributed to some of the other Apostles.

In both cases those in power determined what was holy and what wasn't, that's why the history of both groups and the results of them should be examined to help us learn what their true motives might have been. But instead of that most want to say that the cannons prove what God gave us when it's just as true that they prove what men took away from us.
I guess it could depend on whether a person is seeking all info or just that which confirms their beliefs, we certainly seem to see that with the subject of history.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe God put the capacity to have good morals in all of us, but for a person who does not develop a conscience, morals have no meaning.

Woody

I could see that in certain ways. How many have at times had that inner voice say "that's not right" but then our feelings say "but I want"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom