are people seriously paying $1.00 a round for 223/5.56?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How 'bout the price for magazines? $60.00 for an M&P mag? $85 for a Glock mag? That's not some crazy Armslister or gunbroker price - that's on this forum in the classlessfieds!

It's just plain offensive. As long as the greed and the fear persist, this "crisis" will continue....

I refuse to participate. If I run out of "disposable" ammo before this crap stops - I'll sell off my "luxury" guns and find another hobby.
It just kills me how the so-called "gun community" was as quick to turn on itself as the liberals were with their attacks on the Second Amendment after those poor children and women were slaughtered by a madman.

"Supply and demand" and "capitalism at it's finest"... Spare me.
Bloody vultures and maggots feeding off of the dead. And man oh man I am ever so tired of it.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno. I hope it stabilizes; but I fear it won't before the big show in April, I was planning since before this 'crisis" to restock my reloading components from powder valley.... Looks like there will be no supplies to be had though.

I hear ya, it was insane. I just bought 30 round pmags for 12 bucks and some change and then some ******* shoots up a school and the mags skyrocket over night to 45-60 bucks a mag...

Insane.

bigboy4122

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a larger gun show in Kansas City last weekend and ammo prices were coming down. 7.62x39 was $400/1000. Golden Tiger and Silver Bear. .556 was $650-850/ 1000. And there was many dealers with ammo. Also there was a lot of reloading supplies.

77Sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a larger gun show in Kansas City last weekend and ammo prices were coming down. 7.62x39 was $400/1000. Golden Tiger and Silver Bear. .556 was $650-850/ 1000. And there was many dealers with ammo. Also there was a lot of reloading supplies.

Even though these prices are still ridiculous, it does seem to be stabilizing VERY slowly. Most on here have the right idea, let them keep it on their shelves for those prices. Once it starts to gather dust, prices will drop. Be patient and keep looking, there are still decent deals out there if you look hard enough.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 24/7 ammo production is finally starting to put .223 on the walmart shelves pretty regularly. Seven local walmarts got shipments friday and saturday of federal 100 round value packs. I picked up 600 rounds for .37 cents per round out the door. The problem is, most of it gets snatched up by the employees before it ever makes it to the ammo case. $1.00 per round is for the suckers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom