Mad and worried !šŸ¤¬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter recently got offered a job at the Dick Connors prison in Hominy at a good salary and then after about a week they offered her substantially more to take the job, All good right ? No, her ex husband who molested my granddaughter ( not his own child) has been there for several years and has 11-12 yrs of mandatory time left before possibly being paroled ( hopefully he dies before he gets a chance at parole), She told them she would take the job on the condition the ex was moved and they agreed, he would never know why he was being moved and would be gone before her start date, Well that didnā€™t happen and after a couple of months they spotted each other and then again about another month later, my daughters boss then went to the warden and complained on her behalf and they finally got him moved, a couple of day later one on the inmates started bitching to my daughter about his best friend getting moved, the guards told him to never mention it again or he would be moved elsewhere.
Now we are worried about her safety there AND worried about his POS dad messing with her or my grandkids ( one theirs and one not), the grandparents have not attempted to see their own grandson since the ex did what he did but they live near the prison in hominy and got to visit regularly but now wonā€™t be able to and thatā€™ll piss them off.
I was wondering if there was any legal recourse for my daughter being put in this position at the prison ? She is pro gun all the way and shot guns as a little kid up to her teen years with me and was pretty good but never wanted one for herself and last night asked me to get her one, now Iā€™m pissed as hell at them for not keeping their word and for making us worry šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
What do all of yā€™all think ? Advice ?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the world I have grew up in you believe it when it happens.
People can say all kinds of things but I take it all with a grain of salt.

People lie.

Just have her prepare to defend herself when the time comes if it ever does come.
Most likely will not.
I can't believe you have not set her up with multiple weapons.

Get after it get her some.

As far as recourse there is nothing you can make stick . Just going to piss off more and more people.

If she is that worried or worried for her life she needs to get another job.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything not stipulated in a binding written contract is unlikely to be actionable. Beyond that, any further complaints or action from her would make the situation ripe for retaliation. Of course that's completely wrong and in some instances illegal, but it still happens every day. Just food for thought.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prison facilities are reactionary. The one I worked in, if there was an electrical glitch, the electronic door locks would unlock all pods and isolation rooms. As one would have guessed, no one informed me of this very dangerous situation. Evidently, it had been happening for several months prior to my worst decision I had ever made in working there. The trick was to run around and use the key to relock the doors. Fun times.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She probably should have postponed her start date until he was transferred. But even then, wouldnt his relative have made the connection between her taking the job and his transfer?

Kind of seems like this wasn't a great place for her to work. Unfair of course, but plenty of shite ain't fair.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think she will be fine , she can keep a firearm in her car in a locked pistol box that is cable tied or bolted to the vehicle. she will have to fill out a form that lets them know she has it. but that won't help her in the prison. most inmates are respectful of female staff but you still have the perverts and the guys the try to manipulate them.
but there is always a risk, there was a female staff member murdered there in 1998

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She probably should have postponed her start date until he was transferred. But even then, wouldnt his relative have made the connection between her taking the job and his transfer?

Kind of seems like this wasn't a great place for her to work. Unfair of course, but plenty of shite ain't fair.
She was told that he would definitely be moved by her start date, she had already put in her notice at her previous employer so waiting wasnā€™t an option and she figured they were good at their word, as far as his family they wouldnā€™t have found out why he was moved and none of his family has any contact with any of her family

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the father the type to do something?
If so, if there is any type of harassment bring it up to the parole board.
I know it is just a piece a paper but she should get a restraining order against them if possible. This would act as a buffer should she need to protect herself or the children, and by that I mean any scumbelly prosecutor wouldn't be able to question whatever use of force she choose to use if it came to that.
I doubt there would be much recourse she could pursue given prisons are a money mill for all involved at the top and they probably have a major attorney to handle these exact situations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom