Arthritis Cure or Pain Easement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t use it personally, nor do I have arthritis, so I can’t give a first hand account on effectiveness- but I know of multiple folks in a similar scenario that have found relief with CBD and/or THC. Topical cream seems to be the favorite- relief where you need it without any cognitive effects.

This is what we finally did for my 94 year old grandma. We took her to ten different arthritis doctors, nothing worked. She's just old and hurts. Got her an rx and a THC oinment thing, looks like a big tube of chapstick, and it keeps her from hurting with no side effects we notice.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
l
This is what we finally did for my 94 year old grandma. We took her to ten different arthritis doctors, nothing worked. She's just old and hurts. Got her an rx and a THC oinment thing, looks like a big tube of chapstick, and it keeps her from hurting with no side effects we notice.
I think its a great thing for some people. It’s gotta be better than opioids in my opinion…

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has serious arthritis in her hands. Runs in her family. Her mothers fingers were so crooked I cringed when I saw them. Wife takes Tumeric. Not sure of dosage but it's 2 or 3 tablets a day. If she stops taking them she can bump her hand against something and will start crying. When taking them she has little to no pain. Brands vary in effectiveness.
I have witnessed this and can't believe the results so positive for her pain. If she stops taking it her knuckles turn red, and it takes a week or more of taking Tumeric to get back to normal.
I recently had surgery and was told to stop before the procedure because it was a blood thinner and anti inflammatory.
Spring Valley at Walmart is what she is using.

So, Tumeric is blood thinner? If that is the case, my wife has been taking Plavix for years because of a heart issue, and Plavis is also a blood thinner. I'm not sure I want her doubling up on blood thinners.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She can try Glucosamine Chondroitin or Umary as supplements, but it really depends on the kind of arthritis she has. Is it Rheumatoid or Osteo?

She was tested, and they didn't give any indication as to a type, so our thoughts are that they tested for Rheumatoid and didn't get results. So, I'm leaning towards saying that it must be the Osteo type.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turmeric (Ultra-Cur is my go-to) and broad-spectrum CBD cream is what I recommend in my office for arthritis, but I am well aware there are many other things that help. I like these because they're readily available and seem to help on a universal level (regardless of type of arthritis). Good luck, it can definitely be a rough go trying to figure out the right balance/blend of things.

Turmeric/curcumin does act somewhat as a blood thinner (along with Omega-3s and Co-Q10/ubiquinol) so discussing Rxs with your PCP would be prudent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom